Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

i will work for 1 month , which city is the best

i will work for 1 month , which city is the best

Old Jul 18th 2019, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

anamhmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i will work for 1 month , which city is the best

now i am British and i will work for 1 month in England , which city is the best regarding accommodation price and the money per hour ?
Old Jul 18th 2019, 7:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i will work for 1 month , which city is the best

It will depend on your occupation. What do you do, what skills/education level do you have?

Are you only going for one month? It may take longer than that to find work so do make sure you take enough funds to sustain you for the month in case you can't find employment.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 18th 2019 at 7:17 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

actually i am medical student and still studding , so i will work for only 1 month in my vacation
Old Jul 18th 2019, 7:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anamhmd View Post
actually i am medical student and still studding , so i will work for only 1 month in my vacation
Ah, I see. It may end up being a vacation in the UK then, I'm not sure you'll find anything that quickly, the hiring process can take a while even if you find something straight away. But what kind of work?

Do you already have your National Insurance number?
Old Jul 18th 2019, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

actually i have only my British passport , it will be first time to come to England .

the kind of work i want is like waiter , kitchen porter . anything the does not need experience .
Old Jul 19th 2019, 8:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

actually i have only my British passport , it will be first time to come to England .

the kind of work i want is like waiter , kitchen porter . anything the does not need experience .
OK, so you'll need to get your National Insurance number sorted. https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

I would imagine the kind of work you're after would be found in any city then, when are you coming? University students will take a lot of the jobs over the summer, but if it's later in the year you should be fine. Just do come with enough money to last the month in case you don't find anything. Personally I'd go with a city in the North rather than the south where you'll pay more for accommodation, maybe somewhere like Leeds or Manchester?

Good luck.
Old Jul 19th 2019, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

what about Birmingham and liverpool , still leeds better ?

i will come in the beginning of august
Old Jul 19th 2019, 2:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

what about Birmingham and liverpool , still leeds better ?

i will come in the beginning of august
That will make it trickier, a lot of the casual jobs will be taken by students. But fingers crossed you'll find something, just do bring a good amount of money with you to tide you over.

Birmingham or Liverpool would work, you should get accommodation fairly cheaply there too. Assume you'll just be looking for a room in a shared house?