Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Radiography/Sonography work Asia

Radiography/Sonography work Asia

Old Jun 10th 2016, 12:57 am
Just Joined

Clynt91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Radiography/Sonography work Asia

Hi I was wondering if anyone had any information or current threads about working as a radiographer or sonographer in Hong Kong, Singapore or China ??

Steve
Old Jun 10th 2016, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Radiography/Sonography work Asia

Steve I think you may struggle unless it's a fairly senior role. A lot of the bottom end radiographers etc come from here in the Philippines as we churn out around 40,000 nurses etc a year and there are not the jobs available here so they go to the 3 countries you mention for lowish wages, but good compared to what they could get here. We have regular job fairs in our local Mall and they are always looking for nurses etc for these countries.
I'm sure others will be along soon with more pertinent info as I may be completely wrong - not unknown for me!
Old Jun 10th 2016, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Clynt91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Radiography/Sonography work Asia

Originally Posted by quiltman
Steve I think you may struggle unless it's a fairly senior role. A lot of the bottom end radiographers etc come from here in the Philippines as we churn out around 40,000 nurses etc a year and there are not the jobs available here so they go to the 3 countries you mention for lowish wages, but good compared to what they could get here. We have regular job fairs in our local Mall and they are always looking for nurses etc for these countries.
I'm sure others will be along soon with more pertinent info as I may be completely wrong - not unknown for me!
Oh thanks !
That's such a shame. We have such good skills and would offer so much to the hospital system if we could have a have to get in and be paid a Decent wage for it 😞😞