British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Working Abroad by Profession (https://britishexpats.com/forum/working-abroad-profession-73/)
-   -   help needed..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/working-abroad-profession-73/help-needed-437144/)

1star Mar 24th 2007 8:15 pm

help needed.....

Hi,

I sent my documents to TRA for assessing on 19th Feb 2007, but I have not get any even ack yet:confused: . I sent a letter to TRA & asked them a reply:cool: . I wonder is there any one who waiting for TRA answer like me from Feb?:huh: Also I applied as a hairdresser from Iran. I have one more question. I want to know if a hairdresser would be fully qualified how much is her salary in OZ ?!! ( average 500$ per week or more??) I have been in this occupation for 7.5 years, I am a fully qualified one . I have vocational training. I have diploma in coloring from Italy, hair styling from Lebenon, make up from Pegy sage Paris and hair cut, and nail designing with international certifications. I have a good salary in my country but I am not sure about my future wage in Australia. Would you please tell me how much is the salary for someone like me there?( 500$ is very low!!!):(

Thanks in advance, Star:)

jan Mar 25th 2007 10:39 pm

Re: help needed.....

Loads more benefits in England. And higher wages $500.00 Thats a massive salary! you wont get that much in oz. would be much better for you to go to the u.k.:thumbsup:

parin Mar 26th 2007 8:17 pm

hi,

Thanks for your reply but they dont accept immigrant.

star,

Clan Fortune Apr 23rd 2007 3:19 am

If you move to oz the wages are lower than cleaning toilets why not get a diploma in that you would have a better chance, seriously my wife takes home $495 just enough to pay the rent and no more. And that is with 18 years experience a teaching certificate and qualified to level 3.

Clan Fortune Apr 23rd 2007 3:25 am

Forgot to say as well the uk would be a better option for you the people are more tolerent of people from Iran and the middle east in oz we have found the people to be slightly less politically correct and you would get a lot of stick because ozzie soldiers are fighting and dying in the middle east right now. Thats only personal experience from the short time we have been here, but we have met a lot of people who are great as well and maybe we just meet the wrong people but its something to think about.
Good luck

BillnLinz Apr 23rd 2007 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Clan Fortune (Post 4683254)
Forgot to say as well the uk would be a better option for you the people are more tolerent of people from Iran and the middle east in oz we have found the people to be slightly less politically correct and you would get a lot of stick because ozzie soldiers are fighting and dying in the middle east right now. Thats only personal experience from the short time we have been here, but we have met a lot of people who are great as well and maybe we just meet the wrong people but its something to think about.
Good luck

I thought the only aussie that has died in the 'middle east' shot himself??

1star Apr 25th 2007 8:03 pm

First of all I expected you understood that I am a qualified hairdresser so I have not to do any jobs.
Second, I think the Australian people don't judge others according to their governments.Iranian people have a great & honorable history ( 3500 years civilization), when the most countries have not been discovered. They proud of their rich culture too. But sth that makes them to immigrate & tolerate such nonesense;is for their dictator government that they are separate from the people. We have passed a lot of troubles, wars, aggressions,....;that I dare to say if the most other nations were us, ate each others!!!
Third, apparently you have immigrated from your country too, & you had a reason for that so we are like each other!!!
Forth,this forum is not somewhere to resolving the frustrations.
This will be my last thread which I posted & I leave it for ever. Lets make the world a better place to live.