Wikiposts

help on immigration

Old May 7th 2006, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

kazzaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help on immigration

hello could anyone please help

I qualified as a hairdresser in June 1989 gained city & guilds level 1 and 2.
I did hairdressing for 3 years then the salon closed down. I have always done hairdressing family and friends. then 3 years ago I updated my certificates and gained level 2/3 NVQ in hairdressing and Level 2 in barbering. I have other certificates as well for hair extentions, for the passed 3 years i have done mobile hairdressing and have quite a few clients both men and women. i am not reg as self employed because my clientel is just starting to grow. I work on a Tuesday for the passed 2 months in a hairdresser but that is cash in hand, i can get references from my previous employer and my clients. also photos of the styles achieved. but not sure if this is good enough to apply for visa in Western Austraila, as i am not sure of the requirements. could anyone please help. i was told by an agent i would be ok. but I dont want to pay a few thousand and throw it all away because i dont have wage slips ect.
Old May 9th 2006, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

aarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really nice
Default Re: help on immigration

Hiya. My name's David and I am just going throught he process of getting a viza for Oz. Basically the TRA just want to know that you are an experienced hairdresser. Your qualifications are brilliant. I passed the TRA with just a City and Guilds. Also I have worked in the same salon in London for the last 10 years so go I letter signed from my bosses saying such. The TRA want to know the minutest details of everything you do/have done. Send me your email and I'll send you the letter I sent them. I just think it will give you an idea of the kind of wanky rubbish they like!!!!
Old May 14th 2006, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

sm865 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kazzaa
hello could anyone please help

I work on a Tuesday for the passed 2 months in a hairdresser but that is cash in hand, i can get references from my previous employer and my clients. also photos of the styles achieved. but not sure if this is good enough to apply for visa in Western Austraila, as i am not sure of the requirements. could anyone please help. i was told by an agent i would be ok. but I dont want to pay a few thousand and throw it all away because i dont have wage slips ect.
Hmm.. My daughter's a hair stylist from UK and she went through the migration progress last year and finally got thru and came out here to Perth a month ago. We found the TRA bit most picky. They said no on the 1st attempt due to a break in her hairdresser career - we applied again with the addition of another signed statement from a prev employer, another 500 notes and got thru that part eventually. The main migration process is more picky and they will send someone to your salon to check that you do work there DONT MENTION CASH IN HAND JOBS, it's verboten. Oh, you do need wage slips to send in from your current salon, again I emphasize the last sentence.
I've read a number of posts whereby folk pay migration agents, dunno why, it's dead easy to fill out a form and they're easy to understand. Just make sure you satisfy the points system and can back up your work history statements. When you get here, I advise you take a night school hairdressing refresher course 'cus they do some things different here like highlights with foils and hair straightening is different and you will have to satisfy the local registration board of your skills viz a practical assessment doing WA methods before they issue you with a licence to work. You can work under supervision at a salon whilst waiting for assessment through.
Plenty of hairdressing jobs here. Best of luck.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Louiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to behold

DIMA require recent work experience - depandant on which visa you go for it can be either 6 months or 1 years recent work experience for 20 hours per week. I had to delay my visa application and get a part time job for the required 20 hours and when I had done 1 year I applied for the visa. If you go the self employed route you must have letters from your clients, letters and receipts from your suppliers and 1 years tax returns done by an accountant - you must also have been working for 20 hours
Best of luck
Louise
Old Jun 24th 2006, 7:51 pm
hairdresser, bristol X

emmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aarancam
Hiya. My name's David and I am just going throught he process of getting a viza for Oz. Basically the TRA just want to know that you are an experienced hairdresser. Your qualifications are brilliant. I passed the TRA with just a City and Guilds. Also I have worked in the same salon in London for the last 10 years so go I letter signed from my bosses saying such. The TRA want to know the minutest details of everything you do/have done. Send me your email and I'll send you the letter I sent them. I just think it will give you an idea of the kind of wanky rubbish they like!!!!
hi , can you send me your e-mail too - my email is [email protected] - i am a hairdresser and thinking of moving to sunshine coast, i run my own salon at the moment and would be interested in what wanky rubbish they want to hear from me - by the way, what is the TRA? I am quite new to all this!! :scared:
Old Jun 24th 2006, 8:00 pm
hairdresser, bristol X

emmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Louiselondon
DIMA require recent work experience - depandant on which visa you go for it can be either 6 months or 1 years recent work experience for 20 hours per week. I had to delay my visa application and get a part time job for the required 20 hours and when I had done 1 year I applied for the visa. If you go the self employed route you must have letters from your clients, letters and receipts from your suppliers and 1 years tax returns done by an accountant - you must also have been working for 20 hours
Best of luck
Louise
Hi Louise, my name is Emma, i run a salon in bristol and i guess i will have to go in the self employed route, when you say letters from clients, what needs to be said in them? is it jusy to say how long i have been cutting thier hair?
Old Jul 1st 2006, 8:25 am
hairdresser, bristol X

Hi David
I wonder if you can help me PLEASE!!. I am in the middle of completing the tra form, i am self employed. In section 5 Employment history,it ask you to list all relevant employment since leaving school, do i only mention the hairdressing employment, or all jobs i have done? Alsoit asks you to attach statements from employers stating all tools etc that you have used, do they mean scissors and hairdryer? What did you put?
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

aarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really nice

Originally Posted by emmalina
Hi David
I wonder if you can help me PLEASE!!. I am in the middle of completing the tra form, i am self employed. In section 5 Employment history,it ask you to list all relevant employment since leaving school, do i only mention the hairdressing employment, or all jobs i have done? Alsoit asks you to attach statements from employers stating all tools etc that you have used, do they mean scissors and hairdryer? What did you put?
If you send me your email i can send you the letter i got off my employer. I would just mention the relevant jobs in detail and just briefly mention th other jobs
Old Jul 5th 2006, 3:46 am
Hibees Hibees

gary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nice

Originally Posted by emmalina
Hi Louise, my name is Emma, i run a salon in bristol and i guess i will have to go in the self employed route, when you say letters from clients, what needs to be said in them? is it jusy to say how long i have been cutting thier hair?
Hi Emma I too am self employed and have recently sent my TRA ,your clients need to explain basically what you do from start to finish ,including every detail of what you do and how you do it,what products you use and what tools also.

julie :scared:
Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

donmari is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, ooh can you send me copy too please as am in the process now, just starting thanks ( if you dont mind) lol don x [email protected]
Old Jan 20th 2007, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Joe1602 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

I am a hairdresser too. Benn working for more than 7 years as hairdresser and just in the process of starting my application for TRA. Can someone please send me the documentation thats required and whats need to be filled in the app. Any relevant info would be greatly appreciated. My email is [email protected]

Thanks

Joe
Old Oct 10th 2007, 8:08 am
Just Joined

kazzblonde is an unknown quantity at this point

If you send me your email i can send you the letter i got off my employer. I would just mention the relevant jobs in detail and just briefly mention th other jobs
hi david I am just filling out my trade forms could you send me any letters you sent with yours please so I can get some idea I am a self employed hairdresser with 6 yrs experience thanks karen
[email protected]

Last edited by kazzblonde; Oct 10th 2007 at 8:09 am. Reason: email address
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:58 am
Just Joined

jscr32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kazzblonde
hi david I am just filling out my trade forms could you send me any letters you sent with yours please so I can get some idea I am a self employed hairdresser with 6 yrs experience thanks karen
[email protected]
hi kazzblonde! i hope u r success in your skill assessment with the TRA by now. my spouse is a hairdresser for like 6-7 yrs already and she has now moved to townsville with me from malaysia on my student visa. She is currently working part-time with around AUD22.00/hr in a franchise salon in queensland. And we are planning to apply a skilled migrant visa for her to live permanently here. Can you please help us with it? Could you like send us an example of a letter u got off from your employer or the one you got from david? I would appreciate it. My email is [email protected]. Or [email protected]
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:24 am
Just Joined

sandra123 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi david, my name is sandra, new to all this, i'm a city and guilds qualified hairdresser for the past 17 years, i'm working in a salon part time. any advice you could give me would be appreciated, i want to emgrate to the brisbane area with my husband and 2 kids,can you send me the letter you sent to the TRA
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

hegazyy9 is just really nicehegazyy9 is just really nicehegazyy9 is just really nicehegazyy9 is just really nicehegazyy9 is just really nicehegazyy9 is just really nicehegazyy9 is just really nicehegazyy9 is just really nice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.