Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Hairdressing in Australia and the possibilities

Hairdressing in Australia and the possibilities

Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

Rob80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hairdressing in Australia and the possibilities

Hi and thanks for taking time to read this far. I'm a 28 year old male who is currently working within the hair industry and intend on coming to australia in the next few coming months on a working skilled visa.
Whilst on my initial arrival i would like to visit a few of the tourist sites, but my overall intention is finding work within a salon environment and setting up home with the possible intention of permanently staying in Oz.

More about me... Hair is what i'm passionate about. I have a funky and fresh approach, recreating existing trends and also following future trends. I've been working Hair now for the last 7 years, fully qualified and absolutely love it. So far my career has led me to some amazing opportunities - My most memorable was with my previous salon which was entered for the British hairdressing awards in 2005.

I have various examples and snapshots of my work and also a C.V at hand if required.

My skills vary with some extensive knowledge of the I.T industy.

if anyone has any information they could share with me i would love to hear from you.

hope your well - and thanks for reading.

Kind regards

Rob
Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice
Default Re: Hairdressing in Australia and the possibilities

you definitely have a chance mate, Which state you intend to settle down? I suggest you to get a state sponsorship wich will shorten the processing time. At the moment hairdressers are on the MODL list, which means you could get addition 15 point, but that might change very soon,

best regards
Old Feb 25th 2009, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

TomandVicky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hairdressing in Australia and the possibilities

Hi there everybody my fiance and i are currently looking at getting over to australia on a working holiday visa about auguest, then moving onto the independent subclass 175 visa(trying to time the them to overlap), heading to Brisbain first then moving to perth to live my fiance is a senior hair stylist qualified to NVQ level 4 just wondering what advise you all have to offer us on the difficulties if any upon getting employed as a hairdresser in perth and what are the wages like?, would really appreciate any advise you can give us, also how is the surf in perth and nightlife?