Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

hairdressing in australia

hairdressing in australia

Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:30 am
captain

captaingriff is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile hairdressing in australia

Hi guys im new to this but have been recommended by many.
I have been in oz a couple of years and love it,however iv owned my own salon since arriving as i was a hairdressing teacher in the uk. I vowed when i came here that we were going to have an easier life but iv managed to be sucked in to working full time (i just dont know how it happened). Anyway im thinking of selling the salon to get more time with the family, i want to be a mum again, i have to say my own clientelle of which im booked every day are awsome they are really great people and can you believe 50% of them are english amazing i thought. Anyway if anyone is interested let me know and of course if there are any great cutters out there please yell coz your hard to find.
cheers
Old Feb 5th 2006, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

lisaxxx will become famous soon enoughlisaxxx will become famous soon enough
Default Re: hairdressing in australia

Originally Posted by captaingriff
I have been in oz a couple of years and love it,however iv owned my own salon since arriving as i was a hairdressing teacher in the uk. I vowed when i came here that we were going to have an easier life but iv managed to be sucked in to working full time (i just dont know how it happened). Anyway im thinking of selling the salon to get more time with the family, i want to be a mum again, i have to say my own clientelle of which im booked every day are awsome they are really great people and can you believe 50% of them are english amazing i thought. Anyway if anyone is interested let me know and of course if there are any great cutters out there please yell coz your hard to find.
cheers
Hi, where abouts is your salon?
Old Feb 5th 2006, 8:20 am
captain

Hi Lisa
My salon is south brisbane, victoria point shopping center (bayside) it has 2 floors and really is beautiful, upstairs is beauty (2 rooms) and downstairs is hairdressing.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

mandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the rough

Where are you? Moving on 23rd to Melbourne,got p/r. Hairdresser 20 yrs. Worked t and g Melbourne last year. Andrew
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:10 pm
captain

Red face Re: hairdressing in australia

Originally Posted by mandrew
Where are you? Moving on 23rd to Melbourne,got p/r. Hairdresser 20 yrs. Worked t and g Melbourne last year. Andrew

You sound awesome andrew with 20yrs experience but your going to melbourne and im in queensland a bit far to commute he he, but if you do come to brisbane let me know. jo
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:36 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

You sound awesome andrew with 20yrs experience but your going to melbourne and im in queensland a bit far to commute he he, but if you do come to brisbane let me know. jo
hi jo

i am a hairdresser i have been a manageress of a very busy salon for 12 months now. i have been qualified for 17 years now. we are still waiting for our visa to be approved but hopefully we will be moving to gold coast (nerang or coomera not decided yet) in around july/august 2006. i will be wanting a job if you are still looking for someone

thanks

jan xx
Old Mar 28th 2006, 7:55 pm
captain

hi jan,
when you get here why dont you come and see me, gold coast is about 45mins from where salon is. just send me another email and we can get together.
jo
x
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:11 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

hi jan,
when you get here why dont you come and see me, gold coast is about 45mins from where salon is. just send me another email and we can get together.
jo
x
hi jo

will do thanks

see you soon (hopefully)

jan xx
Old Apr 1st 2006, 9:46 am
tedeschicat

Originally Posted by lisaxxx
Hi, where abouts is your salon?

Hi Lisa,
just wondering if you are still interested in hairdressing sponsorship or if you know of anyone? We are applying for a skilled visa at the moment but its taking forever!! I have over 14 years experience within the hairdressing industry.
regards Cheryl

Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

lisaxxx will become famous soon enoughlisaxxx will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tedeschicat
Hi Lisa,
just wondering if you are still interested in hairdressing sponsorship or if you know of anyone? We are applying for a skilled visa at the moment but its taking forever!! I have over 14 years experience within the hairdressing industry.
regards Cheryl
Hello Cheryl,
sorry but I don't have any positions available at the moment.
Sponsoring someone is a big commitment and employers are not prepared to commit to someone that they have not met or seen their work.
Good luck
Lisa
Old Apr 24th 2006, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

kaggs will become famous soon enoughkaggs will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: hairdressing in australia

cheers
hi there....I am moving to the gold coast in aug-sept this year and i am hoping to open a trendy little salon my-self....i was wondering if you could give me any advice on opening a hairdressing business! all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. kaggs
Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:06 am
captain

hi ya
hindsight is a wonderfull thing, to be honest its really hard work much harder than i thought it would be. I had a salon in england London in fact and i taught hair and makeup artisry so i know a fair bit about my trade but if i did it all again id have done things differently but mines involved about leases etc. but hey get out here take your time really look into where to be based and have a go! enjoy!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2006, 8:05 am
hairdresser, bristol X

emmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: hairdressing in australia

cheers
hi there, i am also new to this site, which i think is great. I currently live in Bristol UK and run a salon, i am hoping to move out to the sunshine coast next year and either buy an exsiting salon or start up my own - which did you do? also how long did it take you to build up you clientel? can you give me any advice on what to do or not do with regards to setting up my own salon?
Old Jun 25th 2006, 11:23 am
captain

hi ya
well i have done both firstly i bought an existing salon and paid for goodwill etc but then the woman who sold it to me said she was retiring so signed to say she wouldnt work withing 20k for 5yrs but breached all the contractual rules and set another salon up 16k away and took all of her clientelle with her i could have sued but would have cost me 15grand to take her to court then would i have won????
then i relocated after building that salon up after only 8mths to a brand new salon that i did from scratch its awesom and iv continued to build that clientelle up, too in all honesty do you want the stress and strain of a business really think why your coming out here cos its been really hard work moreso here than even in the uk. But if you build from nothing its what you make it and its your reputation id go that way but if you take one over the previous reputation will hang over it until you really make your mark on it. but think carefull people are ruthless!!!!!!!!! have an easy life work for someone else, its true, 4wks holiday a yr heaps of public hols 8 sick days a yr.
hope this helps.
by the way im relocting to my home and made an awesome salon here looks stunning, why, to get away from the stress its not what i came here for i came for a better life. have fun
Old Jun 25th 2006, 4:05 pm
hairdresser, bristol X

emmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to behold

hi ya
well i have done both firstly i bought an existing salon and paid for goodwill etc but then the woman who sold it to me said she was retiring so signed to say she wouldnt work withing 20k for 5yrs but breached all the contractual rules and set another salon up 16k away and took all of her clientelle with her i could have sued but would have cost me 15grand to take her to court then would i have won????
then i relocated after building that salon up after only 8mths to a brand new salon that i did from scratch its awesom and iv continued to build that clientelle up, too in all honesty do you want the stress and strain of a business really think why your coming out here cos its been really hard work moreso here than even in the uk. But if you build from nothing its what you make it and its your reputation id go that way but if you take one over the previous reputation will hang over it until you really make your mark on it. but think carefull people are ruthless!!!!!!!!! have an easy life work for someone else, its true, 4wks holiday a yr heaps of public hols 8 sick days a yr.
hope this helps.
by the way im relocting to my home and made an awesome salon here looks stunning, why, to get away from the stress its not what i came here for i came for a better life. have fun
thank you for your advice, i will definately take that on board, i want my own salon for a number of reasons, for my childrens security, because i lke to be my own boss and do what i want to do, but mainly the fact that while you are working for someone else, you are making someone else money, i rather it be the other way around - don't you agree?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.