Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Hairdresser Looking For Sponsorship!

Hairdresser Looking For Sponsorship!

Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:09 am
Just Joined

gemma118 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hairdresser Looking For Sponsorship!

Hi Everyone!!
We hope your Thursday is treating you well?!
We are both new to here but have been advised to join to see if anybody can help!
PLEASE SAY SOMEONE CAN!!!!
My partner Paul and I have been waiting patiently for our visa's to emigrate to Australia. First we were on a 175 then it changed to a 176. We have now been told that due to high demand of visa's etc we will now have to wait a further two, years till it comes through (We've been waiting for two already!)
So our agent suggested trying this out to see if I could get sponsored?!

I am a 28yr old female Hairdresser, fully qualified in City and Guilds Level 2 & 3. For the last 5 years I have been successfully running my own self employed business with an estimated clientele of 140 clients.
Whilst I travelled Australia I worked at Hair 2000 (now known as Vanilla Hair Studio) In Darwin and Bonnie's Hair Salon in Port Douglas (Qld) both for three months where I became a popular member of staff and coming Runner up in the NT HIS Hairdressing Competition in the Senior Creative Colour Section.
I am L'Oreal trained and have been hairdressing for 11 years.
I have references from my employers in Australia as well as over here.

If anybody could help us or knows of some one who can we would it would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Gemma and Paul
Old Aug 26th 2010, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

FayRoberts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hairdresser Looking For Sponsorship!

Originally Posted by gemma118
Hi Everyone!!
We hope your Thursday is treating you well?!
We are both new to here but have been advised to join to see if anybody can help!
PLEASE SAY SOMEONE CAN!!!!
My partner Paul and I have been waiting patiently for our visa's to emigrate to Australia. First we were on a 175 then it changed to a 176. We have now been told that due to high demand of visa's etc we will now have to wait a further two, years till it comes through (We've been waiting for two already!)
So our agent suggested trying this out to see if I could get sponsored?!

I am a 28yr old female Hairdresser, fully qualified in City and Guilds Level 2 & 3. For the last 5 years I have been successfully running my own self employed business with an estimated clientele of 140 clients.
Whilst I travelled Australia I worked at Hair 2000 (now known as Vanilla Hair Studio) In Darwin and Bonnie's Hair Salon in Port Douglas (Qld) both for three months where I became a popular member of staff and coming Runner up in the NT HIS Hairdressing Competition in the Senior Creative Colour Section.
I am L'Oreal trained and have been hairdressing for 11 years.
I have references from my employers in Australia as well as over here.

If anybody could help us or knows of some one who can we would it would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Gemma and Paul
Not sure if you (or any other hairdresser here for that matter) is interested, but I am looking for a partner/investor in a new hairdressing concept on Surfers Paradise. If a hairdresser were to invest funds in the business as a partner, they are able to gain Permanent Resident through a business visa. Any monies invested would be returned within 3 years. (However, I think the Government put a minumum of $250,000 investment amount on this, so we would need to check out the facts first). The concept, in short, is a trendy Blo Dry Lounge and has been created with a marketing plan to suit franchising across Australia. I think an English hair dresser would absolutely "get" the idea and it would be a great way to 'live the dream', coming to Australia and being part of a successful business. I was brought up in UK, but my mum gave birth to me here so I am very lucky to be both British and Australian. Let me know if you are interested.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Clarification: I checked and you do not need to invest $250,000 minimum! There are some stipulations, 'must be under 45', 'must have worked in successful business before' etc, but in general, it is very much a possibility.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

mandymcqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Faye

I am a fully qualified Hairdresser currently living in Brisbane, have been trying desperately to get a sponsor, its not that east for the original poster, a lot of employers have even offered me a job and then withdrew it because I dont have PR.

I would definitely be interested in your proposition.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Hi Mandy, that's great. I do not understand why hairdressers find it hard to get a sponsor. All the good salons rave about how the British ones are fantastic. It is a lot of work on behalf of the sponsor and alot of paperwork, but hey, that's business!
I have my brother visiting this week so I am super busy (he also happens to be a hairdresser from New Zealand!). Give me a week and we' can have a chat and I will tell you my ideas and see what you think. Email me and I will reply with my phone details etc. Just remember that I am turning off the computer while my brother is visiting for one week, Tues 14th to Tues 21st....

Fay

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 12th 2010 at 8:03 pm. Reason: email address removed - its safer for you if people contact you via your profile on here, otherwise you will get lots of spam