Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Hairdresser in Canada(British Columbia or Alberta)

Hairdresser in Canada(British Columbia or Alberta)

Old Jun 9th 2010, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

loety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really nice
Default Hairdresser in Canada(British Columbia or Alberta)

Hi,

I have been a hairdresser,salon manager,trainer for the last 10 years.We are thinking to go and work in Canada next year.I have been reading lot of info regarding licensing.We are thinking to move to BC or AB ,i am aware that there is an exam to pass to get the hairdressing licence.I heard of a book called milady .Does anyone know which milady book is the best to prepare for the exam? Can anyone give me some info about being a hairstylist in those provinces?

Thank you
Loetitia
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Innisfail Svetlana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hairdresser in Canada(British Columbia or Alberta)

Hellol
We have a new salon opening in Innisfail, Alberta, Canada and are wondering if you have found a position yet or if you are still looking.
We have a clothing alteration shop with customers waiting for a stylist
Innisfail is a small town with 7000 people and is 15 minutes from the city of Red Deer (70,000 people) and one hour from Calgary (1,000,000 people).
Hope to hear from you and we can exchange information
Svetlana

Originally Posted by loety
Hi,

I have been a hairdresser,salon manager,trainer for the last 10 years.We are thinking to go and work in Canada next year.I have been reading lot of info regarding licensing.We are thinking to move to BC or AB ,i am aware that there is an exam to pass to get the hairdressing licence.I heard of a book called milady .Does anyone know which milady book is the best to prepare for the exam? Can anyone give me some info about being a hairstylist in those provinces?

Thank you
Loetitia
Old Sep 6th 2010, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

loety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really nice
Default Re: Hairdresser in Canada(British Columbia or Alberta)

Hi Svetlana,
We are still waiting for our permanent residency.So i am not in the position to move to Canada yet.Thank you for your offer.
Loetitia