Cook Qualifications

Old Dec 4th 2008, 4:23 pm
Krunchynutt

krunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud of
Default Cook Qualifications

I am shortly moving over to Oz as an Electrician and as such I have been through the TRA process before getting a 136 visa (old version of 175).

My sister is now very interested in moving to Australia as a cook. She has experience of cooking and also supervisory experience but she has no formal qualifications.

She has attended and passed many courses through work but has not served an apprenticeship, her training has mostly been informal but she does have a number of years working as a cook.

Is there anyway the TRA will pass her with enough references and a statutory declaration, or will she need to study, if she does need to study what course and what level will she need to study to.

Many Thanks

Mark
Old Dec 6th 2008, 12:39 pm

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cook Qualifications

Im sorry I cant help you, but IMHO a call to a couple of Agents might be the answer (a lot wont charge you for an initial consultation).

I've heard that George Lombard or Allan Collette are excellent and are constantly recommended on here. Do a search and you will find their details.

Good Luck!

P
Old Dec 10th 2008, 8:12 am
Krunchynutt

krunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud of

Thanks for reply. I will dig further
Old Dec 10th 2008, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

chrissy990 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

My husband failed his TRA as he had completed lots of modules but had no end of course certificate. He had 14 years experience of working as a cook in a huge governmental establishment.

Now that MAP has been indefinetely postponed we are hoping he can obtain a AQF3 as a cook. We are currently speaking to Culinary Solutions in Oz who are hoping to come to the UK to carry out assessments in February/March time. It costs a bit of money but if its the only way into Oz it will be worth it.

Good Luck

Christine
Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:43 am
Just Joined

irishmalt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Christine,
Have you had any further feedback from Culinary Solutions as my wife is in the same position and has the experience but no formal qualifications?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

chrissy990 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

His assessment is on Sunday with Culinary Solutions. Hopefully he will be successful!!

If you want any further details, please feel free to pm me.

Christine