City and Guilds Help

Old Jul 30th 2009, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough6tollgate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: City and Guilds Help

Hope this is what you were looking for. Hope it is of help to you.

6Tollgate

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite
Hi Guys

Is there anyone out there who has the syllabus for the city and guilds 706-1 and 706-2. I have tried all of the avenues I can think of apart from the £34 each required from the City and Guilds Institute. I would be willing to make a donation to anyone who can help if you had to pay to get the info, but I cant see why I should be expected to get this for an Internationally recognized qualification anyhow. I think if you have passed you are competent in that field especially after 20 years.

Thanks in advance to all of you great chefs out there.

Nicky
Attached Files
File Type: doc
CG 706.1.2 programme.doc (26.0 KB, 27976 views)
Old Aug 24th 2009, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

simon cooksley is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: City and Guilds Help

Hi I have just forward copies to TRA FOR 7061 &2 and can copy these for you if you can cover postage to send them to you, I myself need assist with anyone whom has the relevant detail for the apprenticeship details for a successful outcome with TRA

Regards

Simon

QUOTE=Tigeresswhite;4393811]Hi Guys

Is there anyone out there who has the syllabus for the city and guilds 706-1 and 706-2. I have tried all of the avenues I can think of apart from the £34 each required from the City and Guilds Institute. I would be willing to make a donation to anyone who can help if you had to pay to get the info, but I cant see why I should be expected to get this for an Internationally recognized qualification anyhow. I think if you have passed you are competent in that field especially after 20 years.

Nicky[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:05 am
Just Joined

irishmalt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite
Hi Lesley
If you want to PM me I will send you some info that I have been sent by the helpful people on this and other sites.
Let me know what you need as I have passed my TRA now and have most of the stuff including the City and Guilds stuff if you need that.
Good Luck
Nicky
Hi Nicky,
My wife is in the same boat. she has been a cook for over six years with the local authority and I would be grateful if you could give us some helpful info on how to get through the TRA.
Thanks & Rgds
Ian
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

simon cooksley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I believe you have tried to contact me, however unable to find message, if you can call me on 02071081020, or email me on [email protected] with your number I will discuss further

Many Thanks

Simon
Old Oct 21st 2009, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

chap314 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm new here

I've got over a year and half continuous work experience and have also been working in a kitchen since i was a teenager on and off.

I'm currently about to do a course in Professional Cookery NVQ Level 2. Does anyone know if this is the equivalent to 706 1/2? if not is the course i'm doing sufficient to pass the TRA?

I would be grateful if anyone knows the answer.

Regards

Chappers
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Originally Posted by simon cooksley
Hi I have just forward copies to TRA FOR 7061 &2 and can copy these for you if you can cover postage to send them to you, I myself need assist with anyone whom has the relevant detail for the apprenticeship details for a successful outcome with TRA

Regards

Simon

QUOTE=Tigeresswhite;4393811]Hi Guys

Nicky
[/QUOTE]

Sorry not been on here for a while. Many thanks for your offer but I have been in OZ for almost 2 years now. The post was put on here a long while ago. Anyhow Best of luck to all of you chefs out there who are still wanting to move out here. Keep up the good work it is well worth it.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:27 am
Just Joined

coming2canberra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by My name is Alex
HI Guys

I'm glad there are so many chefs/ cooks wanting to go to Aus, looking at brisbane with the wife and kids.

I would really appreciate it if you could send me the City and Guilds info, please.

Can i ask you guys a question!

When doing the TRA, how have you presented the information from you jobs! as in have you put Dishes, Recipes, method statements, job specs (Don't have these) have you put things like cleaning in! did you put basically from the start of the day through to the end.

Example,
Start day Receive Goods
Start prep, followed recipes, used knife, board, pan, cooker, spoon, etc.

or did you break it down
List task
List Menus
List Recipes
List Utensils
List Equipment

What worked best for you!

Any advice you might have would be greatly received, and i'll think really nice things about you to St Macarius
Hi,
I am trying to get the TRA stuff ready for my sister whos a chef with 20 years experience! We got a first rejection already from TRA. Please please if anyone has the syllabus for 706-1 and 706-2 i'd love a copy. Ive contacted City and Guilds already and they are very slow to respond. Also, any other advice or examples of successful descriptions of work details would be great. We are not feeling confident with what we have written. My email is [email protected] Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

paulang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozziedremer
Oh forgot to say that they also sent me the original 100 page booklet if anyone's THAT keen!?? )

Quite nice really ...didnt have to pay a penny !!

Sal
Hi Sal

my friend is in the same situation re 706 1 & 2 and immigration nz just saw your message. Know you submitted all this a while back but was just wondering if you had the booklet and any other info that C & g sent you, if so could you please forward, it would be much appreciated.

cheers
Angie
Old Jul 18th 2010, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

tonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 6tollgate
Hi tigresswhite and anyone else who can help on this one. I would really appreciate the info for City & Guilds 706 1/2 as well. Is there any chance someone could send it to me as well?

many thanks Shelley
Hi could someone also send me a copy of this, as we are hoping to apply for PR we are in NZ already and have been for 15 months. I have been told that I need to pay $750 for each level I have thought that was silly. Has anyone else had to do this?
thanks very much.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

tonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the rough

Hi all

We have just been given another year working visa, so i'm in the process of gathering things up to apply for PR in NZ. I have a 706 1+2 Chef.
I have been told that I need to pay $750 for each level I have so I can have a Pre-assessment. Also could someone please send me the sylb for them both.
Also i am having trouble gathering my references from UK as people have moved on or places are closed will this be a problem in applying for PR in NZ?
Old Jul 19th 2010, 9:39 am
Just Joined

coming2canberra is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone want to share the cost?, city and guilds are looking for 68 pounds sterling for the syllabus for 706-1 and 706-2, i can photocopy and send it to you.