Reload this Page >

Help and advice regarding UK work visa

Help and advice regarding UK work visa

Old Mar 6th 2017, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

Louise Harris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help and advice regarding UK work visa

Hello

I am a British citizen and my husband is American, we married in 2016. We are really hoping to settle in the UK but do not currently meet the financial requirements for the family settlement visa.

My husband really wants to apply for work here in Hull, UK where i live and we understand he requires sponsorship etc We do not know how we go about doing this and where to start and the best way to go about this process.

I am aware he can come to the UK for up to six month without a specific visa but if he were to do that can he actually just looK for work whilst he and if he find somethimg can he gain sponsorship and apply for a work visa whilst he is here or would he have to return back to the United states ?

He is a skiled chef with many years of experince.

Any advice regarding this work visa process will be most appreciated.
Old Mar 6th 2017, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help and advice regarding UK work visa

While he could visit you in the UK and look and apply for work, should he be offered work then he would have to return to the US in order to apply for the visa. He cannot apply for any visa while in the UK as a visitor.

Remember, that the employer has to be a sponsoring employer - one who can offer work by obtaining a work visa. This is time consuming and somewhat expensive for the employer so real skills are required to qualify.

The Tier 2 General Migrant is the category for most work visa applications.

The following website has a list of shortage occupations for the UK which qualify for work visas. Note: not all jobs qualify for visas. (Chefs roles ARE on the list)

UK Tier 2 Shortage Occupation List | Workpermit.com