Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Agency Cheffing in the US?

Agency Cheffing in the US?

Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

gemmacat will become famous soon enough
Default Agency Cheffing in the US?

My husband has been a chef in England for the past 18 or so years. Do they have agency chefs in the US? He just wants to do some sub work until he decides what he wants to do job wise.
Any ideas?
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agency Cheffing in the US?

Probably not, unless he already has his visa to come and work, which is really hard to get...and I don't think an H1B would be a goer', because a requirement for the visa is that it requires university degree, as well as other stuff.
So best bet, just wait it out till he get's an EAD and all that fun stuff...though you never know, a temp agency in town might be able to help...
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:46 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agency Cheffing in the US?

Originally Posted by gemmacat
My husband has been a chef in England for the past 18 or so years. Do they have agency chefs in the US? He just wants to do some sub work until he decides what he wants to do job wise.
Any ideas?
Do you have your visas for the US sorted? If so, this site is dedicated to all things food related and there's probably a forum that you can post your question in.

It's www.egullet.com

NC Penguin