Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Young, wild and free

Young, wild and free

Old Oct 7th 2010, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

sibby87 is just really nicesibby87 is just really nicesibby87 is just really nicesibby87 is just really nicesibby87 is just really nicesibby87 is just really nicesibby87 is just really nicesibby87 is just really nice
Default Young, wild and free

Hi everyone,

I'm 22, just finished uni this year after studying French and Spanish for 4 years. After having spent 9 months in Zaragoza, Spain, I have developed a taste for life abroad. I love the change of culture and learning a new language.

Now I have some choices to make. My Spanish is my most advanced language, so I feel I should spend some time in France to bring that up to scratch. However I don't want to live there I believe... I prefer Spain, and am even thinking of setting up life in Italy and learning about the life and culture over there.

Maybe you can help me..... what would be the best place in France to live for a year or two? I'm looking for an active social life and fun working life in a bar or restaurant. I can think about Spain/ Italy further down the line!!

Please give me any advice you have.

Thanks in advance....
Old Oct 7th 2010, 9:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Young, wild and free

Originally Posted by sibby87
Hi everyone,

I'm 22, just finished uni this year after studying French and Spanish for 4 years. After having spent 9 months in Zaragoza, Spain, I have developed a taste for life abroad. I love the change of culture and learning a new language.

Now I have some choices to make. My Spanish is my most advanced language, so I feel I should spend some time in France to bring that up to scratch. However I don't want to live there I believe... I prefer Spain, and am even thinking of setting up life in Italy and learning about the life and culture over there.

Maybe you can help me..... what would be the best place in France to live for a year or two? I'm looking for an active social life and fun working life in a bar or restaurant. I can think about Spain/ Italy further down the line!!

Thanks in advance....
Hello and welcome to BE.

I'm always in awe of people who have mastered a foreign language...French was the only subject I failed at school and I failed miserably.

I'll give you the link to our France Forums...so that you can take a look around. From what you've told us I think you may be interested in looking at our various Europe Forums too. The people who post in those forums are a very friendly bunch...I'm sure they will help you out with tips and advice.

If you have any problems finding your way around the rest of the site Ka Ora is the concierge for the France forums...he will act as your tour guide and help you find your way around BE's many forums.

Any problems or complaints should be addressed to a moderator. Mitzyboy is the moderator for the France and other Europe forums but if he's not around any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

I hope your enjoy your time with us.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 7th 2010 at 9:41 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 10:04 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sibby87
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance....
Welcome to the Forum, Being that you like Spain so much I would settle in Midi Pyrenees or the Languedoc et Roussillon regions in France on the Spanish Border the two regions cover some pretty diverse countryside which varies a fair bit Med sun sea or Mountains Skiing and a few big cities but keep Spain close by. Im in France but 45 mins from Andorra and it's 3 hours to the Med and the Costa Brava "If it's not the 1st of August"
Old Oct 7th 2010, 10:09 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sibby

Just to say welcome to BE from me too.
Good luck with your plans.

Dread -x
Old Oct 10th 2010, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

sibby87 is just really nicesibby87 is just really nicesibby87 is just really nicesibby87 is just really nicesibby87 is just really nicesibby87 is just really nicesibby87 is just really nicesibby87 is just really nice

Thanks for your very welcoming posts everyone! I'll have to have a scoop around. I'll definitely bare those places in mind that are not too far from Spain. My parents have recently retired into Maureillas, a catalan village not far from Perpignan, France. I would highly recommend an area like this to anyone who is considering moving to France.

Kind regards.