Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Young(ish) lad looking for help in Brittany (huelgoat)

Young(ish) lad looking for help in Brittany (huelgoat)

Old Feb 21st 2016, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

Sabastian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Young(ish) lad looking for help in Brittany (huelgoat)

Hi everyone I've just moved to Brittany and I am here alone, I've been here for about 2 months now and I really do need some help with various things, I have most things I need but do need help with learning the language and getting around and so on, I am really loving it here and I'm thinking of staying here for a lot longer than originally planned, I'm trying my best to learn as I go but it's not too easy.
I'm always looking for work to do and it's not just about money (although it is needed to a certain extent) I am willing to work for food and accommodation I am capable of almost all jobs and will put my hand to everything else.
I am a very keen forager (living off the land) and have a vast amount of knowledge within this field (excuse the pun lol) since I've been here I've built dry stone walls and paths, spiral wooden staircase done roofing - electric installs and plumbing (kitchen and shower) like I say I can do most types of work..
My original plan when I set off to live here was to give myself the "living" knowledge of what my true passion in life is and that's to be a forage guide with eco living experience (such as things I'm doing now like Bio mass heaters - rocket stove mass heaters with thermal dynamics water heater systems) I'm also making/building lots of ways to produce "free" electricity, lots of people love the ideas and things I'm doing and I would like to help others to have and do the same ...
I'd love to hear from others who are interested in this I have an English sim card that doesn't cost any extra to ring if your using a French phone (it's on 3 network with which I have a good contact for European calls and such) ...
I will check up on this post everyday to check replys,
I hope to hear from others close to me soon
Old Feb 21st 2016, 1:18 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Young(ish) lad looking for help in Brittany (huelgoat)

Originally Posted by Sabastian
.... Bio mass heaters - rocket stove mass heaters with thermal dynamics water heater systems) I'm also making/building lots of ways to produce "free" electricity, ....
Have I seen you on YouTube?
Old Feb 21st 2016, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Have I seen you on YouTube?
You might have !? I've not posted much there but yes I have some posts on there, what is the video your referring to ?
Old Feb 21st 2016, 1:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

You might have !? I've not posted much there but yes I have some posts on there, what is the video your referring to ?
I have been looking at a number of the rocket stove and free electricity videos, and similar.

I made a two rocket stoves myself a couple of weeks ago, from pine logs drilled with a 1" bit. The first was just an experiment, but with the second, I made myself one of the best egg and sausage breakfasts ever!

BTW you will do better to post your questions over on the France forum.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I heat with Biomass, have many friends off grid who have PV.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Yea that's probably me lol, and thank you for the advise... I'm building rocket stoves for indoor living spaces with built in water heaters and my next one will also have underfloor heating ... I love all this off the grid living and foraging from the land ... Always good to share ideas for all this too
Old Feb 21st 2016, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler
...., have many friends off grid who have PV.
Papillomavirus?
Old Feb 21st 2016, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

???? Lost in translation lol
Old Feb 21st 2016, 1:58 pm

???? Lost in translation lol
HPV = Human Papillomavirus. .... I was wondering if Boiler's friends have warts?
Old Feb 21st 2016, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Hahaha lmfao
Old Feb 21st 2016, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

Also look us Russian Stoves and Gasifiers, a Rocket stove seems like an attempt at a gasifier without the controls. Obviously you have to know what you are doing when dealing with such high temps.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Papilomavirus?
Pulaskivirus has been all but eliminated in CO.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 2:48 pm

Pulaskivirus has been all but eliminated in CO.
Watch out! It is highly contagious, and causes significant irritation.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 2:53 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

you're gonna need a bigger axe..
Old Feb 21st 2016, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mikelincs
you're gonna need a bigger axe..
Possibly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.