Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Yorkshire to New York

Yorkshire to New York

Old Feb 21st 2011, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

Victoria14 is a name known to allVictoria14 is a name known to allVictoria14 is a name known to allVictoria14 is a name known to allVictoria14 is a name known to allVictoria14 is a name known to allVictoria14 is a name known to allVictoria14 is a name known to allVictoria14 is a name known to allVictoria14 is a name known to allVictoria14 is a name known to all
Default Yorkshire to New York

Hello everyone,

This website and forums are brilliant and I wish I had found it 4 months ago. I have been struggling wading through the Embassy and US website for a while now.

I am marrying my US Fiancé later this year and planning the big move to New York State next year. I am in a slightly different situation as I need to come back to the UK to finish my job and sell up etc... Prior to the big move but the wedding date is not negotiable, it is too important to us.

Just wanted to say and you will be seeing me around on here. I have already had lots of my questions answered in the 'marriage and visas' thread.

It’s really a relief to know all these experiences and this info is right here and not written in jargon.

Thank you, I can sleep a bit easier tonight.

Victoria
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yorkshire to New York

Hi Victoria!

Welcome to BE. It sounds like you're benefitting a lot from the site already, which is fantastic. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. Where do you plan to live in New York? I think this may be move to New York week in the Welcome Inn.

We have several members who have moved to New York on the forum, so you should find lots of good advice/friends here. I know that you've already found the marriages and visas thread and suggest that you check out the rest of the US forum. The trailer park is the area for general chit-chat and other areas are pretty self-explanatory.

I'm the US concierge (aka tourguide/friendly face) so please don't hesitate to ask if I can help as you begin to find your way around the forum.

Of course, we also have moderators for the US portion of the forum who are happy to help you. For the US they are: Rete, Meauxna, Noorah101, Bob and MsElui.

I wish you nothing but the best as you plan for your wedding and move to New York. Looking forward to getting to know you better!
Kaffy
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:16 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Victoria,

Well you have found us now and that's the main thing

I'm so pleased that you are finding your way around ok and seem to be enjoying our little community. Long may you be a member and the best of luck with your wedding preparations.

Sue
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victoria14
Hello everyone,

This website and forums are brilliant and I wish I had found it 4 months ago. I have been struggling wading through the Embassy and US website for a while now.

I am marrying my US Fiancé later this year and planning the big move to New York State next year. I am in a slightly different situation as I need to come back to the UK to finish my job and sell up etc... Prior to the big move but the wedding date is not negotiable, it is too important to us.

Just wanted to say and you will be seeing me around on here. I have already had lots of my questions answered in the 'marriage and visas' thread.

It’s really a relief to know all these experiences and this info is right here and not written in jargon.

Thank you, I can sleep a bit easier tonight.

Victoria
Hello fellow Yorkie...welcome to BE.

I'm pleased to see you have already jumped in and started to post. We have a great crowd of people who post in the US forums...they'll help you with any questions you have about moving to the US.

Good luck with the move and please shout out if you need any help with the site.