Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Would like to Emigrate to Townsville, Austrailia

Would like to Emigrate to Townsville, Austrailia

Old Nov 10th 2012, 2:25 am
Just Joined

Maz78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Would like to Emigrate to Townsville, Austrailia

Hi, I'm new to this site, I'm a nurse working in intensive care and I'm seriously considering emigrating. I've done some homework and chatted to a few colleagues, one of whom suggested Townville. I've goggled it and read about it and its really sounds like a place I would like to move to. Been wanting to emigrate for a few years but wanted experience in my current job and I now feel I'm ready. Can anyone please advise me on my next steps I.e. how do I go about finding a job as a nurse, are there any job sites or agencies anyone can recommend. How long can the process take and where do I start.
Would be grateful for any help what so ever.

Thank you
Old Nov 10th 2012, 2:29 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would like to Emigrate to Townsville, Austrailia

Hi Maz and welcome to BE.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Have a look and introduce yourself to the Australia branch of the forum. Lots of friendly folk and advice for you!
Old Nov 10th 2012, 2:40 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz78
Hi, I'm new to this site, I'm a nurse working in intensive care and I'm seriously considering emigrating. I've done some homework and chatted to a few colleagues, one of whom suggested Townville. I've goggled it and read about it and its really sounds like a place I would like to move to. Been wanting to emigrate for a few years but wanted experience in my current job and I now feel I'm ready. Can anyone please advise me on my next steps I.e. how do I go about finding a job as a nurse, are there any job sites or agencies anyone can recommend. How long can the process take and where do I start.
Would be grateful for any help what so ever.

Thank you
Hi there and welcome to B.E.

Thank you for posting first in the welcome inn

Next step really is to see if you qualify for a visa to enter Australia. The immigration site is here.

The nurses working abroad forum is here and the Australian immigration part of B.E. is here.

I see catchafire has given you the link to the main aussie forum

Have a good read of these links and then get stuck into the main forum with questions.

Enjoy B.E.

Sorry, should have added this: http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; Nov 10th 2012 at 2:46 am.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 6:36 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Maz and warm to the forum. The Australia forums are the places for you to post some questions. Lots of helpful folks on there.

I see you are in Chelmsford. I used to live not so far away in South Woodham Ferrers. Small world eh?

All the best with your plans. Hope it all works out.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 5:27 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary