Reload this Page >

Where in the world for Mental Health

Where in the world for Mental Health

Old Feb 26th 2014, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Lotusflower10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Where in the world for Mental Health

Hello,

A bit ahead of myself as I have already embarked upon amassing facts for suitability of life in NZ (everyone so helpful and friendly and a huge reminder of one of the big things I miss when residing outside Britain, the British!) however, in so doing, I realized there may be other parts of the world that could work for me professionally and personally but of which I am unaware.

I am a psychoanalyst in my late 30´s who has spent a good part of life lived overseas. I´m desirous of a micro-world within which I can work, has good climate, outdoor lifestyle, broad-minded warm and friendly folk(bit too much to ask for I suspect). It would have to be an English speaking country that needs mental health professionals and that has a good standard of living overall that could be maintained on a single income.

Any general advice would be gratefully received in addition to any experiences on relocation packages, do they actually exist?

Thanks a lot
Old Feb 26th 2014, 8:44 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where in the world for Mental Health

Originally Posted by Lotusflower10
Hello,

A bit ahead of myself as I have already embarked upon amassing facts for suitability of life in NZ (everyone so helpful and friendly and a huge reminder of one of the big things I miss when residing outside Britain, the British!) however, in so doing, I realized there may be other parts of the world that could work for me professionally and personally but of which I am unaware.

I am a psychoanalyst in my late 30´s who has spent a good part of life lived overseas. I´m desirous of a micro-world within which I can work, has good climate, outdoor lifestyle, broad-minded warm and friendly folk(bit too much to ask for I suspect). It would have to be an English speaking country that needs mental health professionals and that has a good standard of living overall that could be maintained on a single income.

Any general advice would be gratefully received in addition to any experiences on relocation packages, do they actually exist?

Thanks a lot
Hi and welcome to BE

As well as NZ, the usual English speaking destinations are Australia and Canada. For Australia, you would have to checks the skills list for your occupation to see if you could be eligible for a skills visa - lots of useful info in the Australian forums.

I would think it would be the same approach for Canada, and if interested I'm sure the members there can explain the process to you
Old Feb 27th 2014, 11:57 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore is also English speaking and has excellent health industry. We had someone post in the Singapore section a little while back looking at work in Singapore, though I have absolutely no idea how you go about it.
Old Feb 27th 2014, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Lotusflower10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Old.Sparkles, Thank you for the welcome.

Singapore, interesting thought, thanks for that Bakedbean.

All good wishes,