Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Is this where I'm supposed to introduce myself?

Is this where I'm supposed to introduce myself?

Old Mar 23rd 2012, 12:09 am
Just Joined

Verbascum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this where I'm supposed to introduce myself?

Thanks for your friendly welcome Sue, and for the kind invitation to introduce myself.
i was unable to figure out how to do this so, after half an hour, my husband suggested I try Post New Thread.
Is he right?
If not, how can I do it?
I had a similar problem with my first and only message/reply - could not find "send" or "post" button and inadvertently ended up sending it twice. I don't know how this happened.
Same problem now: I shall try the button "submit new thread" and hope it refers to this one and not a new one.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 12:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this where I'm supposed to introduce myself?

Originally Posted by Verbascum
Thanks for your friendly welcome Sue, and for the kind invitation to introduce myself.
i was unable to figure out how to do this so, after half an hour, my husband suggested I try Post New Thread.
Is he right?
If not, how can I do it?
I had a similar problem with my first and only message/reply - could not find "send" or "post" button and inadvertently ended up sending it twice. I don't know how this happened.
Same problem now: I shall try the button "submit new thread" and hope it refers to this one and not a new one.
Hello and welcome to BE.

Yes this is the correct forum to introduce yourself. Congratulations on successfully opening your first thread!!

I've just been reading your post in our US forums. We have a great crowd of folk living in the US...I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of our cyber community of British Expats.

Please give me a shout if you need help with anything. Once again welcome.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 1:58 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Is he right?
If not, how can I do it?
Indeed you got it

If you get stuck again we have a FAQ here and if you can't find the answer there just click on my username (or one of the moderators) and we will be happy to help you.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 5:33 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Verbascum

Welcome from me too.

This cyber stuff is a bit confusing at the start - but you seem to be getting the hang of it now so good on you.
And as practice makes perfect you will just have to keep posting

All the best

Dread- x
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Verbascum

Welcome from me too.

This cyber stuff is a bit confusing at the start - but you seem to be getting the hang of it now so good on you.
And as practice makes perfect you will just have to keep posting

All the best

Dread- x
Thank you. OK, lots to say
Question: Is it possible to send a personal message?
Question: I was looking at some correspondence with someone from Sheffield now living in New Jersey. Can't find it, so it might be in a different forum. Or are messages sometimes erased?
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 11:31 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Question: I was looking at some correspondence with someone from Sheffield now living in New Jersey. Can't find it, so it might be in a different forum. Or are messages sometimes erased?
Messages are rarely erased, and when they are it's generally because they are spam.

What is the username of the member?
Old Mar 24th 2012, 1:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Sheffielder living in NJ.
Old Mar 24th 2012, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

About Sheffield and NJ

Depending where you live in NJ, I wonder if you would like to be introduced to my friend who lives in Sheffield and will be occasionally visiting her son who is studying in NJ. I'm sure you have plenty of places to stay when you go, but if you fancied a bit of independence you might want to do an occasional house+car swap. Last time she flew from Manchester on USAir to Newark changing in Philly, which I wouldn't have known about.

I asked whether we could send personal messages as not everyone will need to join in this discussion.

And I've managed to stray from the thread!
Old Mar 24th 2012, 10:47 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

I asked whether we could send personal messages as not everyone will need to join in this discussion.
Yes you have the ability to send private messages. But people aren't always keen on receiving unsolicited private messages from someone they don't know. So you would be better off posting in the USA forum if you are looking for others who are in NJ. We have quite a few members in that area so I'm sure if you started a thread about it some of them would surface.