Reload this Page >

Hi everyone! New Brit in NY...

Hi everyone! New Brit in NY...

Old Jun 1st 2011, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

bellasis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi everyone! New Brit in NY...

Hi

I'm a Brit, now living in Rockland County, NY. Moved here 3 years ago with my American husband (born and bred in NY), son (18), daughter (16), dog and cat!

After 20 years of living in England, hubby found it a huge culture shock! We love living here and intend to stay...but miss England and our family and friends. Would love to talk to people who understand what it's like!! Would love to 'meet' fellow Brits and hear about your experiences too!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everyone! New Brit in NY...

Originally Posted by bellasis
Hi

I'm a Brit, now living in Rockland County, NY. Moved here 3 years ago with my American husband (born and bred in NY), son (18), daughter (16), dog and cat!

After 20 years of living in England, hubby found it a huge culture shock! We love living here and intend to stay...but miss England and our family and friends. Would love to talk to people who understand what it's like!! Would love to 'meet' fellow Brits and hear about your experiences too!
Hi...welcome to BE.

We have quite a few members living in NY...even more living in the Tri-State Area...so you'll have plenty of Brits on here to 'chat' to. I see you have already found your way into our US forums...I'm sure you'll enjoy the banter and camaraderie that goes on in the threads.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome! I'm really happy to have found this and will definitely be getting involved and finding my way around more!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:35 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 1st 2011, 6:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!

Don't know where Rockland County is, but there are quite a lot of NY folks on BE and also a pretty active meetup.com groups for the area I'm sure
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 2:14 am
Just Joined

Thanks Bob. I have checked out MeetUps, there is a group in NYC, I think also one on Jersey, but not Rockland County. Rockland is about 20 mins north of NYC, on a good day with no traffic, that is!