Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Well... Here I am... In Dubai...

Well... Here I am... In Dubai...

Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Tobester is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Well... Here I am... In Dubai...

Hi everyone,

My name is Toby and I have just moved to Dubai. I'd never really thought about living/working overseas until I got a call, completely out of the blue, from a Head-hunter who happened to mention that working in Dubai means you don't pay any tax. Afer hearing that I gave him my CV, found myself being interviewed for a job out here a couple of weeks later, spent two months caught up in visa-related red-tape and finally... arrived here.

So, here begins my new life. I'm a complete ex-pat newbie and it's a lot to take in, but I'm a quick learner and I'm quite enjoying rising to the challenges that this is throwing at me.

Looking forward to a bit of lively banter on here, and maybe finding some new drinking buddies.....
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well... Here I am... In Dubai...

Welcome to BE
Old Jul 8th 2010, 6:45 am
Account Closed

yummybrummy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tobester
Hi everyone,

My name is Toby and I have just moved to Dubai. I'd never really thought about living/working overseas until I got a call, completely out of the blue, from a Head-hunter who happened to mention that working in Dubai means you don't pay any tax. Afer hearing that I gave him my CV, found myself being interviewed for a job out here a couple of weeks later, spent two months caught up in visa-related red-tape and finally... arrived here.

So, here begins my new life. I'm a complete ex-pat newbie and it's a lot to take in, but I'm a quick learner and I'm quite enjoying rising to the challenges that this is throwing at me.

Looking forward to a bit of lively banter on here, and maybe finding some new drinking buddies.....
Hi Toby

I know a little late welcoming you but hope all is working out for you and you're enjoying paradise
Old Jul 9th 2010, 6:35 am
Just Joined

Njeri is just really niceNjeri is just really niceNjeri is just really niceNjeri is just really niceNjeri is just really niceNjeri is just really niceNjeri is just really niceNjeri is just really nice

Hi everyone,

Welcome Toby to Dubai - Joy
Old Jul 9th 2010, 5:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Hi there Tobester...welcome to BE.

If it's lively banter and drinking buddies your seeking you'll certainly find them in our Middle East forums. I see you've got stuck into the forum already.

Please shout out if you have any problems finding your way around the forums we have a great team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page...their names are in standard font.

For all other problems or concerns please contact a moderator or admin. The moderators for the ME forums are Bob, NorthernLad and rowell.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 1:13 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tobester

Just a little belated welcome from me.

Enjoy Dubai.

Dread - x