Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Want to meet british people :)

Want to meet british people :)

Old Aug 14th 2010, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

manue is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Want to meet british people :)

Hi! My name is Manuela and I'm a 20-year-old Argentinian.

I know this is a Britishexpats website, but I love English and am currently studying to be an Engish-Spanish translator, so I thought this might be a good way of meeting people.

I'm living in La Plata, the capital of Buenos Aires province. If there's anyone interested I'd love to meet you. I think it'd be great practice for both parts, as I can help you with your Spanish.

Looking forward to getting any replies!

*Manu*
Old Aug 14th 2010, 7:14 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to meet british people :)

Hello, have a look over here...good luck

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123
Old Aug 14th 2010, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

manue is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info, i have already seen that sub forum, i hope to find someone living here in La Plata as although BA is only about an hour away by bus, it's not the same as living here where we can meet up anytime and there's no need to travel.
Thank you again!
Old Aug 14th 2010, 10:40 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manue

I know this is a Britishexpats website, but I love English and am currently studying to be an Engish-Spanish translator, so I thought this might be a good way of meeting people.

I'm living in La Plata, the capital of Buenos Aires province. If there's anyone interested I'd love to meet you. I think it'd be great practice for both parts, as I can help you with your Spanish.

*Manu*
Welcome to the Forum....

Should you get any problems give one of the Forum Leaders a shout.

Sue and Mitzyboy typically cover the Central an South America's
Old Aug 14th 2010, 11:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manue

*Manu*
Hello and welcome. Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself...it's nice to meet you.

BE is a large expat website...so it's understandable that you may have problems finding your way around our many forums. We have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guides if you get a little lost. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page. For all other issues please contact a moderator...the is usually one of us lurking around the corridors of BE.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 12:49 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Manuela

Welcome to BE.

I see my colleagues have put you onto the South America forum, where there will be lots of British expats to chat with. I cannot guarentee that you will find someone in your actual town but I am sure there will be some in nearby places.
I am sure just posting on the Argentina forum will no doubt help you with your written English. Also as a local, you will have lots of information to offer people.

Have fun, don't be shy, just join in.

Dread - x