Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

US dentist wants to move to Southern Spain!

US dentist wants to move to Southern Spain!

Old Aug 29th 2010, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

acgdds1 is just really niceacgdds1 is just really niceacgdds1 is just really niceacgdds1 is just really niceacgdds1 is just really niceacgdds1 is just really niceacgdds1 is just really niceacgdds1 is just really nice
Smile US dentist wants to move to Southern Spain!

Hello! I am a General Dentist practicing in the DC area. My husband, who is British, owns his own personal training business but has a background in working on yachts. We have a lovely new baby girl who is 13 months old! Lately we've been thinking of relocating to Southern Spain or Palma de Mallorca. Anyone have advice on the cost of living, owing a home/condo, and whether or not an American Dentist would be successful there? A lot to ask, i know!

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Old Aug 29th 2010, 5:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US dentist wants to move to Southern Spain!

Originally Posted by acgdds1
Hello! I am a General Dentist practicing in the DC area. My husband, who is British, owns his own personal training business but has a background in working on yachts. We have a lovely new baby girl who is 13 months old! Lately we've been thinking of relocating to Southern Spain or Palma de Mallorca. Anyone have advice on the cost of living, owing a home/condo, and whether or not an American Dentist would be successful there? A lot to ask, i know!

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Hello and welcome to BE.

I think you would be best to repost your questions in our Spain Forum. We have a great crowd of members who post in that forum and they may be able to answer your questions. I think the move would be fairly straightforward for your husband and daughter as they are UK citizens...but you'll obviously need a visa. I am assuming you have registered your daughter's birth with the UK authorities.

We have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page...their names are in standard font.

Problems and complaints should be addressed to a moderator. The mods for the Spain forums are Fred James and Mitzyboy.

Good luck and please shout out if you need any help.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

acgdds1 is just really niceacgdds1 is just really niceacgdds1 is just really niceacgdds1 is just really niceacgdds1 is just really niceacgdds1 is just really niceacgdds1 is just really niceacgdds1 is just really nice

Hi JerseyGirl,
Thanks for the response. Yes, my daughter already has her British Citizenship and passport. I did post the questions in the Spain section. Hope I did it right !

Awaiting more responses,
thanks!
Old Aug 29th 2010, 5:45 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi acg

Welcome to BE.
I see Jerseygirl has directed you to the Spain forum, which is a friendly forum, so I am sure the good folks on there will be able to answer any questions you have,as well as offer very useful tips and advice.
There is a forum entitled "[B]Working Abroad by Profession[B], which you will find by clicking on the 'Forum index' tab on the pink bar at the top of this page.
Scroll down past all the listed countries and you will see this forum. If Dentist is listed, you may find some information there - or you could start a new thread for dentists....

All that now leaves me to to add is good luck with your plans.

Dread - x
Old Aug 29th 2010, 5:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acgdds1
Hi JerseyGirl,
Thanks for the response. Yes, my daughter already has her British Citizenship and passport. I did post the questions in the Spain section. Hope I did it right !

Awaiting more responses,
thanks!
Yes you did good.

Good luck with your plans.