Reload this Page >

UK Police to Canadian Police

UK Police to Canadian Police

Old Jul 17th 2014, 4:15 am
Just Joined

Tony6034 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Police to Canadian Police

Hey Guys,

Im a british guy with policing experience but have had interest of moving to Canada to continue this as it is my passion to police. What are my chances roughly of getting a job in toronto after going through the PR route.

Any help is appreciated
Old Jul 17th 2014, 4:49 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Police to Canadian Police

Welcome to BE and good luck!

This is just a place to introduce yourself.

You'd be better off having a read through the wiki up top and perhaps search before posting in the Canadian immigration forums, which are further up from this one
Old Jul 17th 2014, 4:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony6034
Hey Guys,

Im a british guy with policing experience but have had interest of moving to Canada to continue this as it is my passion to police. What are my chances roughly of getting a job in toronto after going through the PR route.

Any help is appreciated
Hi, and welcome to BE.

'After going through the PR route', your chances are very good indeed. So you have a route to PR, a Canadian spouse maybe? If so, then it's definitely possible.

Best of luck.
Old Jul 18th 2014, 12:54 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Head on over to the Canada forum - Canada - British Expats, and read the Wiki (Police-Canada : British Expat Wiki) for some information about working in Canada as a police officer.

As Oompa said, you said "after going through the PR route" - does that mean you already have PR, or already have a route to PR sorted?

Good luck.
Old Jul 18th 2014, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Tony6034 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys,

firstly apologies for being in the wrong thread, I'm completely new to this sort of thing.

Thanks for all the help. I havent got a way in yet but I just thought that it would be a good place to start.
Old Jul 18th 2014, 9:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony6034
Hey Guys,

firstly apologies for being in the wrong thread, I'm completely new to this sort of thing.

Thanks for all the help. I havent got a way in yet but I just thought that it would be a good place to start.
As a police officer, you'd have no route to a visa via your job, so the first step would be to figure out how you'd get a visa, either via a spouse's occupation, or perhaps family in Canada, or.......??

Start with the Wiki which will give you an overview of your options, and then do feel free to come and join us in the Canada forums with any questions.

Best of luck.