Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Uk guy teaching English in Spain

Uk guy teaching English in Spain

Old Aug 13th 2017, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Justin1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk guy teaching English in Spain

Hi all how are you? I am from Liverpool and been living many years in Cáceres which is a small city in central western Spain. I teach English to adults in Cáceres.
I have a degree in French and Spanish and a former uk teacher of colleges where i used to teach Spanish and French A level.
I am single, so single ladies are welcome!
I moved to spain to be near my child, his mum is spanish and me and her split up in the uk, so i gave up all for him and worth it.
So how are you?
Old Aug 15th 2017, 6:43 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk guy teaching English in Spain

Hi Justin and welcome to BE.

I'm going to have a bit of a chat with you about BE, and although I'm an Aussie I'm married to a Scouser and living in Merseyside, so you can trust me

British Expats is primarily an immigration/information type site. Alongside of that, many of us have become friends with those we've chatted with through the years, or even for a few days, and that's been so valuable to many people who feel a bit cut off from their homeland, or who just enjoy talking with people who 'get' their cultural, social, economic and political views.

So, BE is a lot of things to a lot of people, but I wouldn't describe it as a straight out chat site. That's why, when you write things like 'single ladies welcome' or 'how are you?', you're unlikely to get a lot of responses. Similarly, when you post 'who lives in Spain like me' - you're again unlikely to get many responses, and those you do you probably won't want!! Most people who are regular posters on our country forums, including Spain, live in that country and it's a bit of a given.

Let me give you an example of a post on our Spain forum that has more chance of attracting a response:

Hi, I'm Justin and I live in Cáceres. I moved over here from Liverpool to be near my son, after my Spanish wife and I split up. I love/loathe/quite enjoy/tolerate living here - the food is great/horrible, I find the weather fantastic/too hot/etc. Speaking Spanish fluently has helped me integrate well into my community but I'm still interested in having a chat to other Brits who are living in Spain. Anyone here living in or near Cáceres?

Probably a bit of a daft example, but hopefully you get the gist. Most people start off on BE with a question about where they're living, or where they hope to live, or about the immigration or visa process, or simply saying they'd like to chat with other expats, and just carry on from there. Once you've read some of the threads on the Spain forum you're bound to find that you have a lot of knowledge and experience to contribute, which will be very gratefully received by those posing the questions.

So do that, have a scout around and a read, add your own 2p worth to discussions, and before you know it you'll be an old hand and will have met tons of people.

A bit of housekeeping - we ask all new members to please have a read of the BE site rules. Also, if you have any site related difficulties please contact one of our friendly moderators, their details are in bold font, lower right hand corner of each index page.

Once again, welcome and I hope you stick around. We're a friendly bunch really! Cheers.