Reload this Page >

moving to Canada

moving to Canada

Old Nov 7th 2011, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

alison2628 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to Canada

Hi
My husband is a Canadian. I met hime when he came to the UK to live in 2005. We got married in 2009. we now what to move back to Canada. Does he still need to sponsor me so that I can work when I get over there. many thaks for yor time.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 12:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Canada

Originally Posted by alison2628
Hi
My husband is a Canadian. I met hime when he came to the UK to live in 2005. We got married in 2009. we now what to move back to Canada. Does he still need to sponsor me so that I can work when I get over there. many thaks for yor time.
Welcome to BE Alison.

What part of Canada are you hoping to move to? I'm sorry I can't help you but we have several excellent forums covering Canada. I'm sure the people posting in those forums will be able to answer your questions. I'll give you a few useful links to help you find your way around the forums.

If you click on this link it will direct you to the index page of the main Canada forum. At the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums...the top one being the Immigration Forum. All questions relating specifically to the immigration process should be posted there. The main forum is for topics relating to Canada and the Maple Leaf is for general chatter. We have a lively group of posters...so you should get many helpful answers to your questions. Please take a few moments to read any sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

The BE Wiki is a great source of information...I recommend you take a read through the Canada section.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid is the concierge for the Canada forums...she will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Please shout out if you require help with anything...there is usually someone around 24/7.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 2:51 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alison, and welcome.

Your husband will need to sponsor you for Permanent Residency if you wish to move to Canada on a permanent basis, unless you already have another type of visa?

Have a read of the Wiki (follow the link in my signature) which has a good article about spousal sponsorship, and pop over to the Canadian immigration forum where you can post any questions about it.

Hope to see you there.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

junaid.a is just really nicejunaid.a is just really nicejunaid.a is just really nicejunaid.a is just really nicejunaid.a is just really nicejunaid.a is just really nicejunaid.a is just really nicejunaid.a is just really nice
Question I am Newbie, Please Help!

Hi,
i am New to BE i am not a British Expat but i hope you people will help me, Actually i am Currently living and working in Saudi Arabia, i am from Pakistan, my Father's Friend Offered me a Restaurant job in his Restaurant in Canada, for 12000 CAD.
i need to know about the canadian job market, and what do you think isn't he cheating? and what is the cost of Employment Visa ?
i dont have any idea about getting hired in canada from home country,what is the process ?

Thank you for Reading
I hope to hear back from you soon.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 8:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am Newbie, Please Help!

Originally Posted by junaid.a
Hi,
i am New to BE i am not a British Expat but i hope you people will help me, Actually i am Currently living and working in Saudi Arabia, i am from Pakistan, my Father's Friend Offered me a Restaurant job in his Restaurant in Canada, for 12000 CAD.
i need to know about the canadian job market, and what do you think isn't he cheating? and what is the cost of Employment Visa ?
i dont have any idea about getting hired in canada from home country,what is the process ?

Thank you for Reading
I hope to hear back from you soon.
Hi, and welcome to BE.

I'd suggest you head over to the Canada forum, and post your query there where there will be people happy to help.

When you do post in the Canada forum, can you clarify what the job is, how many hours a week you'd be working, and which province it would be in? $12k is incredibly low and you'd certainly struggle to survive on that, but perhaps it's for a part-time job?

Regarding the visa process, your potential employer must first apply for a Labour Market Opinion - for this, he must prove that he has advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian willing, or able, to do the job. He must also prove that he will be paying you a fair wage which sounds like it could be a problem and may cause the LMO to be refused.

Only once he's got the LMO can you apply for a Temporary Work Permit - this costs $150.

Hope that helps, and hope to see you in the Canada forum soon.