Reload this Page >

Travelling on an NZ passport in UK with dual citizenship

Travelling on an NZ passport in UK with dual citizenship

Old Jun 11th 2014, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

SallyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling on an NZ passport in UK with dual citizenship

Hello

I have dual citizenship NZ and British and I live in England so this might not be the right forum for my question, but will give it a go anyway.

My British passport is currently being renewed (and is taking far longer than anticipated). I want to know if I travel out of the UK on my NZ passport and then back in if I will have a lot of trouble at customs? I could say I was a tourist when entering the UK again... but I obviously don't have a return flight to NZ as I live in London. I do have flights back out of London to Europe later in the month for a trip so that might be enough... but I am concerned they won't let me fly out of the UK as I have no entry stamp on my NZ passport, and then I am also worried they won't let me back in without proof that I am leaving again.

If anyone knows anything about this it would be hugely appreciated!

Many thanks
Sally
Old Jun 11th 2014, 3:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Travelling on an NZ passport in UK with dual citizenship

Welcome to BE Sally.

There is a thread about passport delays in our Moving Back To The UK forums here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz.../#post11297798

As for your questions it would be best if you posted in the following forum:

Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas - British Expats

Please give me a shout if you have any site related problems.