Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

trailing spouse

trailing spouse

Old Dec 4th 2009, 6:47 am
Just Joined

hayrobo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question trailing spouse

Hi I am a 28 year old British women in Beijing, my husband and I moved here 2 months ago - is anyone on the website also based in Beijing?
Old Dec 4th 2009, 6:55 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: trailing spouse

welcome, hayrobo!

We've got a Far East-specific forum here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59

I'm sure you'll find lots of neighbors; have a look.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hayrobo
Hi I am a 28 year old British women in Beijing, my husband and I moved here 2 months ago - is anyone on the website also based in Beijing?
Hello and welcome to BE. Shout out if you need any assistance...there's usually someone around to help out.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:13 am
Just Joined

hayrobo is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for replying, any idea how to get over culture shock quickly?
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

any idea how to get over culture shock quickly?

what do you mean by that?
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hayrobo
thanks for replying, any idea how to get over culture shock quickly?
It affects some more than others. I think you just have to give it time and work yourself through it. For me little links of home help...most of which I didn't have 13 years ago when we moved ie BE, UK TV programs, being able to get some british food and sweets, webcams. Maybe it's easier if you are married to a USC because they should now 'the ropes' so everything you try to do is not as daunting. You will also have a family...people to share birthdays, Christmas with etc.

You could also try to keep yourself busy...even if you are not working you could get involved with local stuff.