Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Time frame of events?

Time frame of events?

Old Jan 11th 2011, 3:39 am
Just Joined

cockneysparra is just really nicecockneysparra is just really nicecockneysparra is just really nicecockneysparra is just really nicecockneysparra is just really nicecockneysparra is just really nicecockneysparra is just really nicecockneysparra is just really nice
Default Time frame of events?

Hi there

It's me who is at the crossroads in our family, having moved to Melbourne with hubby 5 years ago, having two children here & thoroughly loving Aussie life, I now found myself longing to go back. I miss family, I want our children to grow up with their cousins, spend quality time with their grandparents - just 'normal' stuff.
So, having had the big chat and aired my thoughts of England...hubby (who is happy here, but will go back if it has to be) says if we are going back, it will all happen pretty quickly because it makes financial sense/kids nearing kinder & school age. Which has sent me into a right tizzy! It means making a decision asap, and getting the ball rolling (house to sell, etc).

The question for those who have made the move back/making the move back is, what was the time frame between decision made and landing in the UK?

Cheers!
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time frame of events?

Hi, you'll find our timescale from Perth to the UK here. I just updated it
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

cockneysparra is just really nicecockneysparra is just really nicecockneysparra is just really nicecockneysparra is just really nicecockneysparra is just really nicecockneysparra is just really nicecockneysparra is just really nicecockneysparra is just really nice

Wow mbike, that made interesting reading, and it really did all happen pretty quick!
What was your situation in Perth, all unhappy or just one? What was it that made you go back to England? Are you happy you made the move back?...I've seen a few people write that their view of England had changed, and it actually wasn't as 'bad' as they remembered. What is your view?
Hope you don't mind all the questions?!
Cheers
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cockneysparra
Wow mbike, that made interesting reading, and it really did all happen pretty quick!
What was your situation in Perth, all unhappy or just one? What was it that made you go back to England? Are you happy you made the move back?...I've seen a few people write that their view of England had changed, and it actually wasn't as 'bad' as they remembered. What is your view?
Hope you don't mind all the questions?!
Cheers
Hi,

We moved back because, after almost five years, we wanted to come home. It wasn't really anything about Perth itself, just a need to move on - especially for my wife who was stuck at home without the benefit of a family or work network. We both now have Aussie citizenship and passports so we won't rule out going back again in the future. But, with a seven year old ready to start class one, it was a good time to move. Things fell into place pretty quickly for us on return and I was surprised how quickly I got a job, mortgage house etc. I think, 8 months on, we are still positive about the decision - despite a few set-back like losing my mum in October and our daughter being hospitalised with swine flu and pneumonia before Christmas. But stuff like this happens anyway and maybe just because - after the move- you are quite very emotionally fragile, the effects tend to be amplified. We have even found ourselves being a bit nostalgic about Perth recently, which I am really pleased about as I didn't want to stay so long that we ended up hating it. Like a good book, Perth was a chapter we enjoyed reading but have now finished, East Sussex is the chapter that's just beginning.

Good luck with your choices.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:56 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

We talked about it on and off but once the decision was made we booked flights within the same month....but we had only been there 1yr.