Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving to Canada

Thinking of moving to Canada

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:08 pm
Banned

xanderj82 is just really nicexanderj82 is just really nicexanderj82 is just really nicexanderj82 is just really nicexanderj82 is just really nicexanderj82 is just really nicexanderj82 is just really nicexanderj82 is just really nice
Default Thinking of moving to Canada

Hello. I'm a 27 year old guy from Northampton. Ive been thinking of leaving England for a while and Canada really appeals to me. I would like to move to either Alberta or British Columbia. I am qualified pharmacist, apparently this is in top 10 wanted jobs in Canada, which is a bonus. I'm planning on going on holiday there this summer for 2 months. I'm not bothered about the cold. I realise Vancouver is expensive, but I'd be happy to live in smaller town maybe 1 hour from Vancouver, preferably within 2 hour drive of mountains so I could go skiing at weekends. I've also looked into Calgary and surrounding areas. Any advice would be great? Can't wait to leave UK, it's going downhill fast.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of moving to Canada

Originally Posted by xanderj82
Hello. I'm a 27 year old guy from Northampton. Ive been thinking of leaving England for a while and Canada really appeals to me. I would like to move to either Alberta or British Columbia. I am qualified pharmacist, apparently this is in top 10 wanted jobs in Canada, which is a bonus. I'm planning on going on holiday there this summer for 2 months. I'm not bothered about the cold. I realise Vancouver is expensive, but I'd be happy to live in smaller town maybe 1 hour from Vancouver, preferably within 2 hour drive of mountains so I could go skiing at weekends. I've also looked into Calgary and surrounding areas. Any advice would be great? Can't wait to leave UK, it's going downhill fast.
Hi there and welcome aboard.

I don't know much about Vancouver or the surrounding area but I know some people that do. We have an excellent Canada Forum...many of the people who post in there are familiar with the Vancouver area. At the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums...the top one being the Immigration Forum. Any questions relating specifically to the immigration process should be posted there. The main forum is for topics relating to Canada and the Maple Leaf is for general chatter. We have a lively group of posters...so you should get many helpful answers to your questions. Please take a few moments to read any sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

The BE Wiki is a great source of information...I recommend you take a read through the Canada section.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid is the concierge for the Canada forums...she will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello & a warm welcome to BE . Happy posting
Old Feb 24th 2011, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi xanderj82.... welcome to BE & also an advance welcome to Canada!
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:00 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xanderj82
Hi there. I can't offer much help or advice with regard to Vancouver and the surrounding areas. However, I live in a smaller town just outside Calgary, about 45 minutes from the mountains (an hour to Banff) so if there's anything I can help with regarding this part of the world, let me know.

All the best.