Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Is there an expats club in Toronto?

Is there an expats club in Toronto?

Old May 30th 2011, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

geegeegee67 is just really nicegeegeegee67 is just really nicegeegeegee67 is just really nicegeegeegee67 is just really nicegeegeegee67 is just really nicegeegeegee67 is just really nicegeegeegee67 is just really nicegeegeegee67 is just really nice
Default Is there an expats club in Toronto?

Does anyone know of an expats club in Toronto? I've been here for a while and the only people I seem to get along with are other expats. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how hard I try to mix with the local Canadians, they keep their doors firmly closed. Any advice would be handy.
Old May 30th 2011, 6:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there an expats club in Toronto?

Originally Posted by geegeegee67
Does anyone know of an expats club in Toronto? I've been here for a while and the only people I seem to get along with are other expats. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how hard I try to mix with the local Canadians, they keep their doors firmly closed. Any advice would be handy.
Hello and welcome to BE.

I see you are managing to find your way around the site quite nicely...and have already posted in our Canada forums. It would be best if you asked about British groups in the Maple Leaf forum. If you take a look through some of the old threads you will see that quite a few of the members meet up every now and then in T.O.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid is the concierge for the Canada forums...Amy will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Good luck and I hope you manage to make quite a few real life BE friends.
Old May 30th 2011, 7:49 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE.

JerseyGirl has given you some excellent links. Enjoy reading the posts and taking part with the other members who are friendly and informative.

Rosemary
Old May 30th 2011, 8:00 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Geegee

I see Jerseygil has given you some links to find some good Brits folk in your area, which just leaves me to say welcome to BE and good luck.

I am sure it won't be long before you find some good freinds to hang out with.

Dread - x
Old May 31st 2011, 2:12 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

As JG suggested try posting in the Canada forum and see if anyone from BE meets up, or if they know of any expat groups. Failing that you could try here. It looks like quite an active meet-up group.
Old May 31st 2011, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

geegeegee67 is just really nicegeegeegee67 is just really nicegeegeegee67 is just really nicegeegeegee67 is just really nicegeegeegee67 is just really nicegeegeegee67 is just really nicegeegeegee67 is just really nicegeegeegee67 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello and welcome to BE.

I see you are managing to find your way around the site quite nicely...and have already posted in our Canada forums. It would be best if you asked about British groups in the Maple Leaf forum. If you take a look through some of the old threads you will see that quite a few of the members meet up every now and then in T.O.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid is the concierge for the Canada forums...Amy will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Good luck and I hope you manage to make quite a few real life BE friends.
Thank you everyone for all the great tips. I'll follow up and keep my fingers crossed.
Old May 31st 2011, 1:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone for all the great tips. I'll follow up and keep my fingers crossed.
I'm sure you'll have fun with the crowd who post in the Maple Leaf.