Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

US to Canada to UK to...?

US to Canada to UK to...?

Old Jul 8th 2013, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

candyann is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US to Canada to UK to...?

Hello everyone, I've read some helpful discussions on this forum and am hoping to share experiences that the UK folks around me do not understand. I am originally from the States, but emigrated to Canada as a young adult. Canada feels like "home" to me. I am now permanently resident in the UK (London area) as my partner is British. 3 and a half years here, "should" be settled but not. But where next is the subject for another thread, obviously!

I hope this post is OK. Thank you.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 5:07 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US to Canada to UK to...?

Hello and welcome to BE!

Obviously you've lived in 3 countries so far, the question appears to be where to next....
As you look in the main forum section you'll see various sections relating to immigrating to most places in the World. Ask any specific questions in those forums.

P
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, P!
Old Jul 9th 2013, 12:52 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi candyann and welcome to the forum. I know exactly what you mean by not settling. I moved to Singapore, then Thailand, then Malaysia. Singapore felt like home. Thailand never did and I really could not settle. Thankfully Mr bakedbean tired of Thailand so there was the opportunity to move on.

So difficult when there's two,of you to,decide.

As Persephone said, do check out some of the individual country forums on here and maybe get some ideas, and ask some questions.

Hope all,works out for you
Old Jul 9th 2013, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi candyann and welcome to the forum. I know exactly what you mean by not settling. I moved to Singapore, then Thailand, then Malaysia. Singapore felt like home. Thailand never did and I really could not settle. Thankfully Mr bakedbean tired of Thailand so there was the opportunity to move on.

So difficult when there's two,of you to,decide.

As Persephone said, do check out some of the individual country forums on here and maybe get some ideas, and ask some questions.

Hope all,works out for you
Thank you, bakedbean. It is helpful just to hear from other people who have had similar experiences.