Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Any advice please??

Any advice please??

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

jconneely is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any advice please??

Hi, I am new to this website. I wonder if anyone can offer us any help/advice/information on moving to the Toronto area? I would be wanting to find work as a nurse, I have two young children so would need good schools. We wouldn't want to be in the city, but in a nice family friendly safe neighbourhood. Also what is Toronto area like to live? Weather? cost of living etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much, Joanne
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any advice please??

Originally Posted by jconneely
Hi, I am new to this website. I wonder if anyone can offer us any help/advice/information on moving to the Toronto area? I would be wanting to find work as a nurse, I have two young children so would need good schools. We wouldn't want to be in the city, but in a nice family friendly safe neighbourhood. Also what is Toronto area like to live? Weather? cost of living etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much, Joanne
Hello Joanne and welcome to BE.

I don't live in Canada but my daughter lives in downtown Toronto so I do spend quite a bit of time there. Regarding the weather...the winters are normally snowy and cold...the summers hot and humid.

Here is a link to BE's Canada forums...I suggest you repost your questions in there because we have many members who live and work in the T.O. area.