Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Spousal Settlement Visa (2nd attempt)

Spousal Settlement Visa (2nd attempt)

Old Nov 14th 2018, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Fulacouple is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal Settlement Visa (2nd attempt)

Hello all...
I am sure there thousands in my shoes going through or have gone through this process. It is singularly one of the worst process I have ever had to deal with. Birthing was a walk in the park compared to this....
Just need sound advice out there...
So, we first applied from the Gambia in August 2017 and were refused in November.
This is our second application and am on tenterhooks
We did the priority service but from the start, we were advised by our solicitor that it will most certainly exceed the 30 days as 2nd applications come under even tighter scrutiny.
Our online application was filled out on 26th September and gladly accepted 12th October for biometrics as (solicitor was on leave and will need that time to complete the essentials)
12th Oct came and went (my husband did his biometric) and after back and forth emailing, literally begging my solicitor finally sent off the documents on 22nd October.
13th Oct email from UKVI stating they have not received sponspors documentation and if not received in 10 working days a decision will be made on what they've got!
So, finally the document were sent off....22nd Oct
I never received any communication at all to say that and ECO has been allocated
Its now 18 days (early days I know) but nothing yet.
No confirmation of receipt to say been allocated an ECO

Just feel like this is doomed.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 1:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Settlement Visa (2nd attempt)

Hi there and welcome to BE

Thank you for stopping at the Welcome Inn and introducing yourself. BE has a great forum setup for posters such as yourself who are going through the immigration process, spousal in your case, and I'll provide you with the link before. Please have a read of the UK immigration sub-forum there and repost in whichever sub-forum is appropriate.

We ask that you have a read of the site rules, also linked below, and if you have any difficulties navigating the site to reach out to one of our great mods or super moderators.

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/

Again, welcome to BE and enjoy your stay and good luck with your spousal visa.