Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

South Africa to UK

South Africa to UK

Old Aug 24th 2011, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

LaraCS is just really niceLaraCS is just really niceLaraCS is just really niceLaraCS is just really niceLaraCS is just really niceLaraCS is just really niceLaraCS is just really niceLaraCS is just really niceLaraCS is just really nice
Default South Africa to UK

Hi everyone.

I'm new to Expats and have quite a few questions. Can I post them here?
Old Aug 24th 2011, 12:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: South Africa to UK

Originally Posted by LaraCS
Hi everyone.

Hi...welcome to BE.

This forum is for introductions only but I see you have already posted your questions in the Moving Back To The UK forum...well done. I'm sure you'll get help before long...look out for a reply from JAJ...he knows what he's talking about.

As well as the MBTTUK forums you may also be interested in taking a look at the Afrifca forum.

BE is a large expat website...so it's understandable that you may have problems finding your way around our many forums. We have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

For all other problems or concerns please contact a moderator...their names are located at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index page. Moderators' names are in bold font.

Please shout out if you require assistance with anything relating to the site.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

LaraCS is just really niceLaraCS is just really niceLaraCS is just really niceLaraCS is just really niceLaraCS is just really niceLaraCS is just really niceLaraCS is just really niceLaraCS is just really niceLaraCS is just really nice

Thank you so much for the wamr welcome

Hehehe had a nosey and found where to post my thread. More to come
Old Aug 24th 2011, 1:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for the wamr welcome

Hehehe had a nosey and found where to post my thread. More to come
I think you'll find the people who post in the MBTTUK forum very helpful...so anything you need to know about moving back home that's the forum to post in.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

Thanks

I have a feeling there will be a million questions posted on the forum by me. I'm kind of doing this all by myself and its overwhelming.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 1:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks

I have a feeling there will be a million questions posted on the forum by me. I'm kind of doing this all by myself and its overwhelming.
The people in that forum will help you...they are a lovely supportive group. We have members that are moving back/have moved back home in their 60's and 70's...after living most of their lives overseas. Many return on their own...leaving children/grandchildren and even spouses behind. So they know a little of what you are going through.

I recommend you take a look in the BE Wiki and read back through some of the old threads in the MBTTUK forum. Keep an eye open for the 50's and 60's threads...there are several of them. I'm not suggesting you're that age but there's loads of information about how to go about things when you return.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 4:22 am

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone.

Thanks

Hello Lara,

Welcome to B.E. If I went back now, I'd be doing the same ... rather wish I'd had a group to connect with when I left. As Jerseygirl said, you'll find a number of people who have done the same, and know the ropes.

With every good wish,
Chris
Old Aug 24th 2011, 5:28 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Well you are amongst kindred spirits here, we've all been where you are, feeling overwhelmed, so I'm sure you will pick up some tips, and some friends here.

Welcome, welcome
Old Aug 24th 2011, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

What a lovely bunch you are. Thank you so much
Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:09 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

What a lovely bunch you are. Thank you so much
Well I am...don't know about the rest of 'em.