Reload this Page >

couple looking at moving to spain ,HELP

couple looking at moving to spain ,HELP

Old Mar 21st 2017, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

CHERYLMONKS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default couple looking at moving to spain ,HELP

Hi everyone .
I'm a new member and need to tips and advice on moving to spain .
My partner and I are planning to move from the UK to torrox next year and staying a month before we finally commit .There is some questions we need with help with if possible .
Is a month long enough to try and find an apartment to rent and find work .
Does anyone know how easy it is finding housekeeping work in hotels . Do the sea front cafes and bars regularly look for staff , Does any body know what type of price we will be looking at to get health insurance ,that would cover us both for all eventualities . My partner has been window cleaning for 20 years ,and I have had my own cleaning business for 17 years whats the chances of finding jobs in similar work around costa del sol area.

Any help would be really appreciated
Thanks Cheryl & Darren
Old Mar 21st 2017, 9:40 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: couple looking at moving to spain ,HELP

Originally Posted by CHERYLMONKS
Hi everyone .
I'm a new member and need to tips and advice on moving to spain .
My partner and I are planning to move from the UK to torrox next year and staying a month before we finally commit .There is some questions we need with help with if possible .
Is a month long enough to try and find an apartment to rent and find work .
Does anyone know how easy it is finding housekeeping work in hotels . Do the sea front cafes and bars regularly look for staff , Does any body know what type of price we will be looking at to get health insurance ,that would cover us both for all eventualities . My partner has been window cleaning for 20 years ,and I have had my own cleaning business for 17 years whats the chances of finding jobs in similar work around costa del sol area.

Any help would be really appreciated
Thanks Cheryl & Darren
Welcome to BE.

Please take a few minutes to read the site rules (beige bar at the top) and, should you have any site related problems please feel free to contact one of the forum moderators, you can find their names at the bottom right of the forum page, in bold.

You would be better off posting your specific questions in the Spain forum as this one is really only for introductions.

Spain - British Expats

There are plenty of people there who will be able to help, but please be aware that no-one yet knows the outcome of any Brexit talks so all suggestions have to be taken with that situation in mind.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 3:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: couple looking at moving to spain ,HELP

Welcome to BE. Do follow the link Mike gave you above and take a look around our Spain forums. We have several excellent forums covering all aspects of life in Spain...and our forum members will try to help you if they can.