British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   seeking writing/editing assignments (English) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/seeking-writing-editing-assignments-english-671759/)

writestuff Jun 9th 2010 12:54 pm

seeking writing/editing assignments (English)

Hello,
This is my first note. I am a journalist and will be moving from India to Geneva on account of my husband's transfer. I'm anxiously surfing the net for writing editing jobs/assignments. Could someone please share websites of magazines/media or Geneva-based organisations I could approach.
I'd be extremely grateful.
Thank you

Ka Ora! Jun 9th 2010 12:58 pm

Re: seeking writing/editing assignments (English)

Originally Posted by writestuff (Post 8621823)
Hello,
This is my first note. I am a journalist and will be moving from India to Geneva on account of my husband's transfer. I'm anxiously surfing the net for writing editing jobs/assignments. Could someone please share websites of magazines/media or Geneva-based organisations I could approach.
Thank you

Welcome to the Forum. This is British Expats, An interactive site for British People living outside of the UK.

Although we wish you luck in you endeavours this probably is not the best part of the Forum to find the information you need.;)

I will take the time to draw your attention to one of the Sticky threads in the Welcome Section, And the Site Rules.

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 8618336)

This forum is to welcome new members to the BritishExpats community. It can feel quite daunting when you first start posting on a message board, so this forum has been created to help break the ice.

This is ONLY to be used for introductions. Please share a little about yourself such as first name, hobbies, where you live/are moving to, etc.

Please do not post support requests or any type of questions here.

When introducing yourself please do not reply to existing discussions but instead start a new thread.

Lastly, this forum is for you to introduce yourself. It is NOT to introduce your website or service. Any such posts will be removed and the member banned.
Sue

Jerseygirl Jun 9th 2010 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by writestuff (Post 8621823)
Hello,
Thank you

Hello and welcome to BE.

It seems there are far too many people trying to find work at the moment. I hope you will be one of the lucky ones. :fingerscrossed:

I'm afraid we don't have a dedicated forum for Switzerland but you could take a look in our Europe Forum. You are welcome to join in the discussions in any of BE's forums if you wish...so I recommend you take a look around the forums? :)

Please give me or a member of The Concierge team a shout if you require help finding your around the many BE forums. If you require assistance with anything else please contact a moderator. Just click on the moderator's name located in the bottom right corner of the country forum.

Good luck.

writestuff Jun 10th 2010 6:40 am

Thank you for a reply. I'm still figuring out how to negotiate my way through the technical parts of this network. I ended up unwittingly posting a request in my introductory mail!

If you do come across any publication/company that seeks writers/editing, please do let me know.
Best

Ka Ora! Jun 10th 2010 7:08 am

Originally Posted by writestuff (Post 8623598)
Thank you for a reply. I'm still figuring out how to negotiate my way through the technical parts of this network. I ended up unwittingly posting a request in my introductory mail!

If you do come across any publication/company that seeks writers/editing, please do let me know.
Best

Not to worry ;)

There is a Writer group in Geneva HERE But it is aimed more at creative writing as apposed to factual I believe.

Ka Ora! Jun 10th 2010 8:48 am

Originally Posted by writestuff (Post 8623598)

Best

Hi I have set a Thread up for you in the Europe Section HERE It will get a more appropriate audience.;)