Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Returning to Blighty after 40 years

Returning to Blighty after 40 years

Old Aug 16th 2016, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

MinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond repute
Default Returning to Blighty after 40 years

I was so glad to find this site. I am returning to the UK after nearly 40 years in New York City, and am feeling distinctly overwhelmed at all the things I have to get sorted. I have a cat to move and banking to sort out, and several decades of life here to finish winnowing through and packing up. I do hope I find some answers somewhere on this site!
Old Aug 16th 2016, 11:44 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning to Blighty after 40 years

Welcome to BE. Try the Moving back to the UK forum for any questions you may have.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 11:44 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You have a pusscat ? You're my sort of poster.

Welcome to BE from me. It's a good place to be.

Here is a link to our Moving Back to the UK forum''

In there you'll find others that have been there,seen it and done it and also those that hope to make that move.

All the best and much hugs to your lovely cat.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

MinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond reputeMinMax has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the welcome! It would be nice if I didn't have to reinvent the wheel for this move, so it will be great to link up with those who have made the move and lived to tll the tale, of what to do and I'm sure all the many things not to do. Love your portrait!
Old Aug 16th 2016, 3:37 pm
`

Originally Posted by MinMax
Love your portrait!
Thanks. That is our naughty drake Woo , named after the Chinaman in Deadwood. He had hopped up onto the deck. Made his way through the house, thankfully not leaving several calling cards & was waiting for us when we came back from popping to our village shop. His 'wife' Boo was penned at the time as she had ducklings so he was mooching about not knowing what to do with himself.

We have several topics around BE about our animals, birds, pets. I rather like the pics in them.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Pleased to meet Woo, looking forward to Boo.

In that case I should introduce Maxy, my cat, who will be flying back with me for his first ever visit to the UK. This of course is a whole other train of things to get sorted, but I have found a vet for him who has everything he will need. He is 16 or 17 with kidney disease so he needs special diet food, fluids, pills, but is doing very well with it. His curiosity and sociability has got him through a lot, and I trust will get him through this sea-change he is about to undergo. And loss of his kingdom!
Old Aug 21st 2016, 8:46 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Rosemary. I will certainly contact you if I need to.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 12:39 pm
`

Pleased to meet Woo, looking forward to Boo.
Attachment 125561

In that case I should introduce Maxy, my cat, who will be flying back with me for his first ever visit to the UK. This of course is a whole other train of things to get sorted, but I have found a vet for him who has everything he will need. He is 16 or 17 with kidney disease so he needs special diet food, fluids, pills, but is doing very well with it. His curiosity and sociability has got him through a lot, and I trust will get him through this sea-change he is about to undergo. And loss of his kingdom!
Pic please. :-)

My Ty pusscat is 18 now and he also has kidney disease & "The Diet". He emigrated with us to NZ.

Attachment 125560