Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Retiring in the Phillipines

Retiring in the Phillipines

Old Jun 27th 2014, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Retiring in the Phillipines

Hi All,

I have just reached retirement age and have considered retiring in the Phillipines for some time now. I have 3 pensions which after UK tax will provide an income of about £10K per year. Also, would be the proceeds of a house sale in due course. I believe this income would not be subject to any further Phillipine tax. I believe I could apply for a special visa for retirement purposes but understand this involves a deposit of 10,000 USD into a Phillipino bank. I am thinking instead of extending the normal 3 week visa which I believe can be extended every 60 days or so until I believe the 15 month point in which I would have to leave the country and re-start the process again. Whilst in the country, I would like under-take unpaid charity/community work on a part-time basis to keep myself active.

I have met a Phillipino lady on a dating site and have been in daily contact every day for about one month. She was one of many I met, but is the one I would like to visit initially for 3 weeks prior to final retirement. She is admittedly a bit young for me (28) and has an adorable 5 yr old daughter and lives in the Guindulman area of Bohol. I would mitigate this by saying I am a reasonably young looking 65 year old and physically in good health. She is happy to live and be supported by me. She is a maid and supports herself on 200 peso per day and lives with her parents and siblings. She would like to be married in due course.

I have posted this for your comments and advice. I believe my income would be ok for a reasonable retirement but I have heard stories of Pinays who once they are married would leave the relationship for financial gain.

I hope to visit in July/Aug and then after returning back to the UK retire in the Phillipines Sep/Oct of this year.

Thanks in advance for any comments/advice.

Pete
Old Jun 27th 2014, 1:43 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retiring in the Phillipines

Hi there and welcome to the forum

The best place to ask all your questions is on the Philippines section of the forum. You will find plenty of Peens residents to chew the fat with

Age difference .....well.....you'll have to figure that one out when you've had time to spend with this lady. I think you can only get a vague idea from Internet proximity. Also talk with others on the Peens forum about the situation.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retiring in the Phillipines

Thanks for that Baked Bean. I have cut and pasted onto the Philippines forum.

Regards