Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Retirement Deliberations

Retirement Deliberations

Old Apr 6th 2019, 1:32 am
Just Joined

BazzaCH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retirement Deliberations

Hi All, just joined and will be looking for advice on retirement destinations with separate posts. I am originally from Zimbabwe, lived in the UK for 20 years before coming to China on expat assignment for last 4 years. look forward to chatting.
Old Apr 6th 2019, 1:41 am
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retirement Deliberations

Hi Bazza, welcome to BE!

Do you have any thoughts as to where you want to retire to - I am assuming you aren't going to retire in China.

BTW please take a moment to review the site rules linked in the menu bar above.
Old Apr 7th 2019, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

BazzaCH is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the welcome. My wife and I are thinking of:
England (Derbyshire) - where we lived for 20 years and where our grown up daughters are still based.
Zimbabwe - always be home for me, despite whats happened to it.
New Zealand - where my wife's family have emmigrated to.
Malaysia - selfishly enjoy the Asian lifestyle that we have grown accustomed to and take advantage of MM2H programme.

BTW - I want to follow the rules of this site. Am I supposed to send out a separate post that is more specific? Appreciate your guidance
Old Apr 7th 2019, 12:21 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BazzaCH View Post
..... BTW - I want to follow the rules of this site. Am I supposed to send out a separate post that is more specific? Appreciate your guidance
No, not really. There are specific country forums for each of those (for the UK there is "Moving Back to the UK"), except Zimbabwe, and I don't think we have any regular members in Zimbabwe. However there is an Africa forum, but it doesn't see much traffic.

What I would say is that if you start posting in all of the forums simultaneously, especially as a new member, you may irritate some people, so I would recommend focusing, or at least starting, where your greatest interest is. And I might be wrong, but I don't think there is a retirement visa or a "non-dependent family members" visa for New Zealand. Maybe you could start in the NZ forum to investigate if it is even a possibility.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 7th 2019 at 12:26 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2019, 9:29 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BazzaCH View Post
Hi All, just joined and will be looking for advice on retirement destinations with separate posts. I am originally from Zimbabwe, lived in the UK for 20 years before coming to China on expat assignment for last 4 years. look forward to chatting.
Okey Dokey. Folks around the place should be able to help and guide with this a little which in turn might help you both. Here are a couple of links to help get you started.

Far East and Asia

New Zealand

Africa

UK

Welcome to BE . Any probs give myself or one of the concierges or moderators a shout.