Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Retired and on the move

Retired and on the move

Old Jul 14th 2010, 4:00 am
Just Joined

ben_boy is just really niceben_boy is just really niceben_boy is just really niceben_boy is just really niceben_boy is just really niceben_boy is just really niceben_boy is just really niceben_boy is just really nice
Default Retired and on the move

Morning all

I took early retirement a few months ago and intended to move to Cyprus. However after giving the idea some thought I've decided to live abroad (different places/countries) for 1-3 months at a time in rented property

This looks to be a great forum and hope to learn and share here.

Ben.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 4:34 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retired and on the move

Originally Posted by ben_boy
Morning all

I took early retirement a few months ago and intended to move to Cyprus. However after giving the idea some thought I've decided to live abroad (different places/countries) for 1-3 months at a time in rented property

Ben.
Welcome to BE. Enjoy your retirement and travels. I've retired twice now, get bored and end up doing something else. Just go into a business venture then got offered two jobs from some former work colleagues! Decisions Decisions!

Make sure you have good med coverage and check the T & C if you are moving around and not on a return ticket home.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 7:32 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum...I can see you have settled in and started posting on the Cyprus forum.
They say renting is the best way to find somewhere you like when moving to foreign climes...I did not and purchased this place.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 9:03 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ben

Welcome to BE.

Trying out different places for a few months at a time is a great way to really experience a country, and I am sure you will one day find your true paradise.

Enjoy your travels, and don't forget that there are forums on this site covering many places in the world, so feel free to go onto any of them for advice tips etc...and of course for making friends.

Enjoy everything you do and everywhere you go, don't forget to think of us poor people who still have to go to work !!!!!

Dread -x
Old Jul 14th 2010, 10:34 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning all

Ben.
Welcome You can find the Cyprus Section Here Mitzyboy is the Moderator over there so should you get any issues give him a shout.

Once again welcome.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 11:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all

Ben.
Hi and welcome to BE.

I think renting property for a few months is an excellent idea. It will allow you to test out the area before you commit. There can be all sorts of unforeseen problems buying property in a foreign country...so renting will allow you to look into the pitfalls.

Ka Ora has given you the link to the Cyprus forum but should you need help finding your way around the forum please contact one of our concierge team. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page...their names are in standard font.

For all other problems or concerns please contact a moderator.

I hope you enjoy your time with us.