RELOCATION

Old Nov 23rd 2019, 12:21 am
Just Joined

Feji4christ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RELOCATION

Hello friends, i'm currently stock between choosing a pathway to relocate from Nigeria and practice nursing in the develop nations, I desire to relocate to Canada but the process is a long one ,needs huge funding and takes lot of time but I've started processing a work permit to Canada.

And now i have the offer to relocate to UK and get registered as a nurse in UK under hospital sponsored work permit, its cheaper and faster.

What do you think ? Should i go first to UK or do you see my desire to relocate to Canada under work permit(though still waiting for work permit issuance) and begin the process of Nursing registration and practice a good choice than UK? Pls share your Canadian nursing experience and pathway pls.
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 7:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RELOCATION

Hi, welcome to BE.

Where is your job offer for Canada for? As the U.K. v Canada conundrum for me would depend on where you’re heading to.

Old Nov 23rd 2019, 1:00 pm
On a grand tour

tooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond repute

As things stand, you have nothing in Canada. You do have a firm offer in the UK AND the likelihood of UK registration in due course.

It's a no-brainer...
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 1:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tooboocoo View Post
As things stand, you have nothing in Canada. You do have a firm offer in the UK AND the likelihood of UK registration in due course.

It's a no-brainer...
The OP hasn't specifically mentioned it, but they must also have a firm offer in Canada - you can't get a work permit without a job offer.

HTH.
Old Nov 27th 2019, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

sebz_usaorOz is an unknown quantity at this point

As you have a job offer in the UK, I think it would be best to come over to the UK and then if you want to you can move to Canada.
Old Nov 28th 2019, 7:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by sebz_usaorOz View Post
As you have a job offer in the UK, I think it would be best to come over to the UK and then if you want to you can move to Canada.
See above - OP must presumably have a job offer for Canada too as they’ve applied for a work permit.
Old Nov 28th 2019, 7:47 am
On a grand tour

tooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond repute

The OP hasn't mentioned a job offer in Canada at all - I've only responded to what she wrote.
Given the slightly rough English on display, I think it's unwise to assume that "I've started processing a work permit to Canada" to mean "I've applied for a work permit after receiving a job offer".
How many foreign nurses receive Canadian job offers sight unseen, given the training/equivalency issues?
Old Nov 28th 2019, 9:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by tooboocoo View Post
I think it's unwise to assume that "I've started processing a work permit to Canada" to mean "I've applied for a work permit after receiving a job offer".
Quite possibly, but then it's also unwise to assume she doesn't have a job offer as well. Provincial registration isn't required for a LMIA. None of us can make any assumptions, hopefully the OP will come back at some point and clarify so we can help her further.
Old Nov 28th 2019, 11:42 am
On a grand tour

I'm not ASSUMING that she doesn't have a job offer - there is simply no suggestion in the original post that there is one. 999 out of 1000 people would surely trumpet such a vital and pertinent fact, no?
Old Nov 28th 2019, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

UK Be prepared to encounter some hostility - but that is not universal !