British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   RELOCATION (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/relocation-929464/)

Feji4christ Nov 22nd 2019 11:21 pm

RELOCATION

Hello friends, i'm currently stock between choosing a pathway to relocate from Nigeria and practice nursing in the develop nations, I desire to relocate to Canada but the process is a long one ,needs huge funding and takes lot of time but I've started processing a work permit to Canada.

And now i have the offer to relocate to UK and get registered as a nurse in UK under hospital sponsored work permit, its cheaper and faster.

What do you think ? Should i go first to UK or do you see my desire to relocate to Canada under work permit(though still waiting for work permit issuance) and begin the process of Nursing registration and practice a good choice than UK? Pls share your Canadian nursing experience and pathway pls.

christmasoompa Nov 23rd 2019 6:04 am

Re: RELOCATION

Hi, welcome to BE.

Where is your job offer for Canada for? As the U.K. v Canada conundrum for me would depend on where you’re heading to.

tooboocoo Nov 23rd 2019 12:00 pm

As things stand, you have nothing in Canada. You do have a firm offer in the UK AND the likelihood of UK registration in due course.

It's a no-brainer...

christmasoompa Nov 23rd 2019 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by tooboocoo (Post 12768277)
As things stand, you have nothing in Canada. You do have a firm offer in the UK AND the likelihood of UK registration in due course.

It's a no-brainer...

The OP hasn't specifically mentioned it, but they must also have a firm offer in Canada - you can't get a work permit without a job offer.

HTH.

sebz_usaorOz Nov 27th 2019 9:50 pm

As you have a job offer in the UK, I think it would be best to come over to the UK and then if you want to you can move to Canada.

christmasoompa Nov 28th 2019 6:27 am

Originally Posted by sebz_usaorOz (Post 12770644)
As you have a job offer in the UK, I think it would be best to come over to the UK and then if you want to you can move to Canada.

See above - OP must presumably have a job offer for Canada too as they’ve applied for a work permit.

tooboocoo Nov 28th 2019 6:47 am

The OP hasn't mentioned a job offer in Canada at all - I've only responded to what she wrote.
Given the slightly rough English on display, I think it's unwise to assume that "I've started processing a work permit to Canada" to mean "I've applied for a work permit after receiving a job offer".
How many foreign nurses receive Canadian job offers sight unseen, given the training/equivalency issues?

christmasoompa Nov 28th 2019 8:42 am

Originally Posted by tooboocoo (Post 12770778)
I think it's unwise to assume that "I've started processing a work permit to Canada" to mean "I've applied for a work permit after receiving a job offer".

Quite possibly, but then it's also unwise to assume she doesn't have a job offer as well. Provincial registration isn't required for a LMIA. None of us can make any assumptions, hopefully the OP will come back at some point and clarify so we can help her further.

tooboocoo Nov 28th 2019 10:42 am

I'm not ASSUMING that she doesn't have a job offer - there is simply no suggestion in the original post that there is one. 999 out of 1000 people would surely trumpet such a vital and pertinent fact, no?

scot47 Nov 28th 2019 4:50 pm

UK Be prepared to encounter some hostility - but that is not universal !