Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Recently moved to Edmonton, Canada.

Recently moved to Edmonton, Canada.

Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:18 am
Just Joined

anji23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recently moved to Edmonton, Canada.

Hi, my name is Anji, moved to Edmonton 5 months ago today, but wished I hadn't, have lived all over as my hubby was in the army, but this is has been the hardest move so far, not helped by the longest winter ever 5 months and I still can't see any grass in my garden just snow. Hoping it gets better, or it will be my 1st & last Canadian winter.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 8:00 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new to the site

Hi Anji and welcome to the forum. Thanks for introducing yourself in the Welcome Inn.

Sorry that you're not enjoying Canada yet. Maybe it'll feel a bit better when the warm weather comes. Can't be long now.

I see you've already posted in the Canada section and you mentioned that you were thinking of returning to the UK. If you're thinking about that, do check out the Moving Back to the UK section on here. There's a quick link below for you to follow.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Hope everything works out for you.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:00 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recently moved to Edmonton, Canada.

Hi anji23,

Welcome to BE and sorry you are not enjoying your new experience in Edmonton. It's tough moving abroad and the first year is the hardest. I would also add that winter at the best of times, wherever you live, can be a bit depressing so I'm sure this hasn't helped. Please know that what you are feeling is complete normal and many of us have gone through the same feelings when we first moved abroad. Indeed, I've recently moved states, and find myself feeling homesick for North Carolina where we lived for almost 16 years.

Anyway you've come to the right place as our members will understand how you feel, so you are amongst kindred spirits here.