Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Ready for a new life

Ready for a new life

Old Jun 13th 2010, 1:40 pm
Oz Bound and Nervous

iankegg is just really niceiankegg is just really niceiankegg is just really niceiankegg is just really niceiankegg is just really niceiankegg is just really niceiankegg is just really niceiankegg is just really nice
Default Ready for a new life

Hi everyone,

After almost 4 years of dragging our heels and making excuses, Gill, the boys and myself are finally getting orselves into gear and preparing to make the move to sunny Perth Australia.

We joined the site many moons ago but we are only just getting round to finalising our move so we thought we would reintroduce ourselves.

Looking forward to reading everyones posts and gaining some valuable first hand advise.

Ian, Gill, Aiden & Ethan
Old Jun 13th 2010, 1:48 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ready for a new life

Originally Posted by iankegg
Hi everyone,

After almost 4 years of dragging our heels and making excuses, Gill, the boys and myself are finally getting orselves into gear and preparing to make the move to sunny Perth Australia.

We joined the site many moons ago but we are only just getting round to finalising our move so we thought we would reintroduce ourselves.

Looking forward to reading everyones posts and gaining some valuable first hand advise.

Ian, Gill, Aiden & Ethan
Hi to you all,

I am so happy you've come out of lurk mode and are now posting. You probably know your way around BE, but if you don't please don't hesitate to give me or the moderators a shout. We've got a terrific bunch of moderators in the Australia forum and a fantastic group of members who are so great at sharing experiences and tips. So if you ever have any questions or concerns please give one of us a shout or post in Site Feedback and we will be happy to help in anyway that we can.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 1:53 pm
Oz Bound and Nervous

iankegg is just really niceiankegg is just really niceiankegg is just really niceiankegg is just really niceiankegg is just really niceiankegg is just really niceiankegg is just really niceiankegg is just really nice

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the welcome, I'm sure we'll get all the help we need from other members.
Any tips on how to reduce the feeling of terror when I think about moving my family to the other side of the planet would be welcome?
Our stomachs are doing more somersaults than an olympic gymnast.

Last edited by iankegg; Jun 13th 2010 at 1:54 pm. Reason: Spelling Error
Old Jun 13th 2010, 2:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iankegg
Hi Sue,

Thanks for the welcome, I'm sure we'll get all the help we need from other members.
Any tips on how to reduce the feeling of terror when I think about moving my family to the other side of the planet would be welcome?
Our stomachs are doing more somersaults than an olympic gymnast.

Hello there and welcome.

Rest assured the feelings you are experiencing are only natural...you are leaving the day to day life you know so well and entering an entirely new one. Please share your feeling with our members in the Australia forums...you're bound to get a variety of answers. One of the things I missed the most was the British sense of humour...many non Brits just do not get our sarcastic sense of humour. Anytime you feel like a Brit fix log on here 'cos there's plenty to go around.

If you need any help finding your way around the forums or if you have any problems or concerns please contact a moderator or admin we will be pleased to help. At least one mod is assigned to each forum...if you look at the bottom right hand side of the forum's index page you will see the moderator's name in bold text and the concierge's name in standard text. I'm sorry there is no concierge assigned to the Australia forums at the moment. Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20, Sonlymewalter and Centurion.

Good luck.