British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Re: Introducing myself (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/re-introducing-myself-698422/)

freespirt08 Dec 29th 2010 12:09 am

Re: Introducing myself

Hi,

I just joined the site today and just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to all!

Kaffy Mintcake Dec 29th 2010 2:49 am

Originally Posted by freespirt08 (Post 9064682)
Hi,

I just joined the site today and just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to all!

Hi there! Don't be a stranger - tell us a little bit about yourself so we may welcome you properly. :)

freespirt08 Dec 29th 2010 3:02 am

Hi there,

My name is Freespirit! Thanks for the reply. I just joined the site last night, I was trying to joined the box site but it say's you have to be invited as there are so many members. It's hard to know what to say lol. Sorry.

Freespirit:)

Blue Cat Dec 29th 2010 4:50 am

Originally Posted by freespirt08 (Post 9064851)
Hi there,

My name is Freespirit! Thanks for the reply. I just joined the site last night, I was trying to joined the box site but it say's you have to be invited as there are so many members. It's hard to know what to say lol. Sorry.

the box for downloading? and you ended up here :p welcome

bakedbean Dec 29th 2010 7:08 am

Hi Freespirit :) I'm sure I used to know another Freespirit but I don't suppose you're the same one. Must be loads of Freespirits out there. Anyways... welcome, welcome, have fun.

Kandi28 Dec 29th 2010 9:47 am

Hi, I just joined last night, thought I d introduce myself!

Sue Dec 29th 2010 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by freespirt08 (Post 9064851)
Hi there,

Well welcome to BE, but just so you know we aren't connected to the Box. We sometimes even get people joining here so they can try and ask for help with the Box connections problems, but that's something they need to ask the site concerned about. ;)

Merry Christmas

Sue

freespirt08 Dec 29th 2010 9:25 pm

Thanks for the welcome! Nope I don't think it was me could of been another freespirit like you said there are lots of freespirts out there.

dreadsoc Dec 30th 2010 3:37 pm

Hi Freespirit and Kandi28

Welcome to BE both of you.

It would be useful to know a little about you both such as where you are from and where you are looking to go to, as that way I can point you to the forum that may be ideal for you.
Failing that feel free to scroll through all our forums and join in whichever ones take your fancy.

Hope you enjoy our site

Dread - x

freespirt08 Dec 31st 2010 10:04 pm

Hi and thanks for the reply. Well I am from England, near Birningham City. I am looking to join a site but need an invite as the site has so many members

Freespirit

Jerseygirl Dec 31st 2010 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by freespirt08 (Post 9069909)
Hi and thanks for the reply. Well I am from England, near Birningham City. I am looking to join a site but need an invite as the site has so many members

Freespirit

Hello and welcome to BE.

I'm sorry but if you are looking for an invite to thebox BE is not the place to look. Many of us advise our members not to give invites out unless they 'know' the person...because they are putting their own membership in jeopardy if the 'newbie' abuses thebox's rules.

freespirt08 Dec 31st 2010 10:50 pm

I understand that and wouldn't expect anyone to unless they knew me and me them. I didn't just join for that reason I found the site by chance and thought I'd see what is was like and chat to some new people and it is always nice to chat to new people.

freespirit

Jerseygirl Dec 31st 2010 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by freespirt08 (Post 9069969)
I understand that and wouldn't expect anyone to unless they knew me and me them. I didn't just join for that reason I found the site by chance and thought I'd see what is was like and chat to some new people and it is always nice to chat to new people.

freespirit

As this forum is for welcoming new members to BE...why don't you take a look down the list of our discussion forums and join in? If you need any help or have any questions please don't hesitate to give me a shout.

freespirt08 Jan 1st 2011 12:24 am

Okay thanks I might just do that.

Jerseygirl Jan 1st 2011 1:04 am

Originally Posted by freespirt08 (Post 9070071)
Okay thanks I might just do that.

I recommend you take a little time to read through the current and past threads...get to know a few of the regular personalities before you post. The British dry, sarcastic sense of humour is rife in many of the BE forums. What may seem like all out war between one or more members to a new member is probably old friends sparing with each other.