racing brexit

Old Jan 22nd 2018, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

bongbings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default racing brexit

Hi there, as the title suggests my wife and I are having to accelerate our retirement plans because of the looming brexit situation and we are looking for some help. We are hoping to move to France on my retirement in about 2 years time however my wife has a inherited physical disorder so we clearly need to know how easy it is organise paying the correct taxation on arrival, approximate time taken and arranging access to the French health system. Obviously my wife is concerned because she has exemplary service in the NHS up to now, shame the rest of the country is failing.
Any information or your own experiences would be great, thanks!
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 9:14 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: racing brexit

Originally Posted by bongbings
Hi there, as the title suggests my wife and I are having to accelerate our retirement plans because of the looming brexit situation and we are looking for some help. We are hoping to move to France on my retirement in about 2 years time however my wife has a inherited physical disorder so we clearly need to know how easy it is organise paying the correct taxation on arrival, approximate time taken and arranging access to the French health system. Obviously my wife is concerned because she has exemplary service in the NHS up to now, shame the rest of the country is failing.
Any information or your own experiences would be great, thanks!
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
Post again on the France forum, where you'll get good advice from the "locals". But avoid the expression "taxation". In France it means Income Tax (and others) and has nothing to do with the French healthcare System which depends on "contributions", failing which private insurance has to be taken out. But I'll leave it to others to explain in more detail!
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: racing brexit

Hello and welcome to BE

Before posting in the France section as suggested by dmu (France - British Expats) we ask that you have a read of the forum's site rules which are linked on the beige header above.

Wishing you the best in your endeavor to retire to France.