Reload this Page >

Postcard exchange

Postcard exchange

Old Apr 21st 2014, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

Aguirre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Postcard exchange

Hello dear expats,

I'm the exception to the rule as I'm not from good old Britannia originally but Berlin, Germany. I'm a student of history and interested in exchanging postcards with people who live in exotic/remote areas of the world. This includes Caribbean countries, African countries, and small overseas territories such as Gibraltar or Bermuda. Rule of thumb: The smaller, the better.
Naturally it is quite tricky to find people from those places willed to send a postcard to a person they do not know nor will ever meet (most likely, but who knows). However I hope to find a few on this board. After all, I'll gladly send some cards back.

Unfortunately there appears to be no "general discussion" section and I do not want to to clog numerous subforums with... well, begging threads. Contacting members through PM seems impolite to me as well. Do you have any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Bernd
Old Apr 21st 2014, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Postcard exchange

Herzlich Willkommen!

That sounds like a fun hobby. I don't know if there are any forum rules about it.

I'd love to see some of them though!
Old Apr 21st 2014, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

Aguirre is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha, you think so? It seems a bit nerdy to me. Fortunately I live in the country of lists, archives, rules and bureaucrats so I don't stick out.

I'd also like to receive some pretty stamps this way, however I'm not a philatelist so I'm not looking for anything in particular.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aguirre View Post
Haha, you think so? It seems a bit nerdy to me. Fortunately I live in the country of lists, archives, rules and bureaucrats so I don't stick out.

I'd also like to receive some pretty stamps this way, however I'm not a philatelist so I'm not looking for anything in particular.

Yes

If the admin if the site thinks it's OK (wait a bit to see what they say), you could try posting in the relevant country forums and maybe 'The Lounge'.

I suppose the problem could be if you're asking for people's addresses in return.