Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Planning Fiancé Visa Process For 2016

Planning Fiancé Visa Process For 2016

Old Oct 19th 2015, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Lilo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Planning Fiancé Visa Process For 2016

Hello, I've been reading some of the threads and resources about the K1 visa process, and living in the US as an ex-pat (namely the health insurance stuff!).

I anticipate that I'm likely going to need some help and advice in future, so that's why I've joined this forum.

On the one hand there's the logistical, and legal side to sort out, which was originally my primary concern, but I've realised recently that I'm afraid that I'll be lonely in the US – and I'm sure this is something that many ex-pats struggle with initially so hopefully I will find some encouragement for this area in this forum too.

In terms of location, I'm living in London and my fiancé is in NYC. We're planning to start the K1 visa process in January, and get married in the summer of 2016 . . . Although we are aware that sometimes the process can take 9 months.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 9:54 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning Fiancé Visa Process For 2016

Hello and welcome to the forum

Why don't you pop over to the USA section of the forum, and discuss all the issues. You can follow this link below:
USA - British Expats
Old Oct 19th 2015, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Lilo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you bakedbean.

I am already over there reading threads. So much stuff to remember! It's a little overwhelming.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 9:57 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Take it slow. Hope it all works out for you.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lilo My ED followed this procedure about 14 yrs ago now. I'm sure things have changed quite a bit since 9/11 however. Don't be too worried about it,take it slow. Gives you time to know everything about each other for the interviews to come.Slow is good.iF your going to live in NYC suggest you check out any International clubs in the city online.Remember it's going to be down to you to be pro-active in finding things to do before you can get a green card.USA site should help you there..Good luck