Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Overstayed in Uk...help

Overstayed in Uk...help

Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

teambrunda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Overstayed in Uk...help

Hi Forum the names B. Smith, Basically Ive been traveling back and forth to Europe for the last 10 yrs...on the last 2 yrs of my passport , I overstayed in London...I was only meant to be there for 6 months to visit friends etc, but fell madly in love...I overstayed from Oct 07-April 2010...I plan on asking this woman to marry me. If she visits me in the U.S. I want to marry her here, but if I want to return with her to London, how has overstaying gonna affect me?....Do they even know I overstayed, noone said anything to me leaving U.K. or entering USA. My passport has expired and I've already sent for a new one. I left England voluntarily and with my own funds, how long am I banned?...I really appreciate any help....B. Smith
Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overstayed in Uk...help

Hello and welcome to BE.

I'm not really sure BE is the correct website for your question as this is for British Expats and few if any of us know anything about British Immigration. As this forum is only to welcome new members you could try reposting in our Moving Back to the UK Forum but I'm not sure if you will get a response.

BTW please do not press the 'Report Post' tab to send a general message...it is only for reporting posts. Thank you.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:46 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teambrunda
Hi Forum the names B. Smith, Basically Ive been traveling back and forth to Europe for the last 10 yrs...on the last 2 yrs of my passport , I overstayed in London...I was only meant to be there for 6 months to visit friends etc, but fell madly in love...I overstayed from Oct 07-April 2010...I plan on asking this woman to marry me. If she visits me in the U.S. I want to marry her here, but if I want to return with her to London, how has overstaying gonna affect me?....Do they even know I overstayed, noone said anything to me leaving U.K. or entering USA. My passport has expired and I've already sent for a new one. I left England voluntarily and with my own funds, how long am I banned?...I really appreciate any help....B. Smith
Welcome to the Forum
Old Jun 7th 2010, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

SalfordSal is just really niceSalfordSal is just really niceSalfordSal is just really niceSalfordSal is just really niceSalfordSal is just really niceSalfordSal is just really niceSalfordSal is just really niceSalfordSal is just really nice

Hey B. I'm too much the newbie to offer any advice, but check out the UK-Yankee website for issues regarding your overstay, or the Transpondia information resource. Google will help you find either.

Over this side of the fence, the USA marriage based visa sub forum is a brilliant source of information. Find out everything you can about a CR-1 visa, it should help to put things into some sort of perspective.

Your girlfriend will need to become a UK Expat to be with you, you will need to become a US Expat to be with her. It sounds like you need knowledge from both sides.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 11:40 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

You're done for, the maximum penalty over here is being locked in a dungeon and slapped with a wet Haddock several times. Some people pay good money for that, allegedley
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
You're done for, the maximum penalty over here is being locked in a dungeon and slapped with a wet Haddock several times. Some people pay good money for that, allegedley
Fresh or frozen variety?
Old Jun 8th 2010, 4:02 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

From the large number of US friends that have done what you want to do but to Italy your first port of call is the UK consul closest to where you live. It is them you will go through the process of emigration with. Good luck!
Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teambrunda
Do they even know I overstayed, noone said anything to me leaving U.K. or entering USA. My passport has expired and I've already sent for a new one. I left England voluntarily and with my own funds, how long am I banned?
The UK authorities don't know that you overstayed in the UK.