British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   One year on - life in Lanzarote (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/one-year-life-lanzarote-745688/)

Barbra.Plunkett Jan 20th 2012 6:53 pm

One year on - life in Lanzarote

Ever wondered what it's like to finish work on the Friday and fly 2,000 miles that weekend to start a new life in early retirement? That's what we did, one year ago - and we are loving our new life in Lanzarote.
I've been blogging on a Lanzarote website for the whole year and so have captured lots of my experiences. Thought I'd call in here and share some of my thoughts.
I took early retirement at the first possible chance and my husband, who was already retired and running his own business from home, and I cleared a lifetime's possessions, boxed up the cat and waved goodbye to the worst UK winter in centuries. Sunshine and new friendships, good health and time to be ourselves have been our reward. And the cat loves it too.

....She also has her own blog!

Jerseygirl Jan 21st 2012 1:08 am

Re: One year on - life in Lanzarote

Originally Posted by Barbra.Plunkett (Post 9855144)
Ever wondered what it's like to finish work on the Friday and fly 2,000 miles that weekend to start a new life in early retirement? That's what we did, one year ago - and we are loving our new life in Lanzarote.
I've been blogging on a Lanzarote website for the whole year and so have captured lots of my experiences. Thought I'd call in here and share some of my thoughts.
I took early retirement at the first possible chance and my husband, who was already retired and running his own business from home, and I cleared a lifetime's possessions, boxed up the cat and waved goodbye to the worst UK winter in centuries. Sunshine and new friendships, good health and time to be ourselves have been our reward. And the cat loves it too.

Hello Barbra...welcome to BE.

We have several very lively Spain Forums that may be of interest to you. Why not pop over there and introduce yourself?

As you are a new member to BE you may not realise that you can put a link to your blog in your signature...but you cannot promote the blog on the forums. (Site Rule #9)

Please give me a shout if you need help with anything site related.

scrubbedexpat094 Jan 25th 2012 2:43 am

Hello & welcome to BE Barbra. Love the fact that your cat has a blog too:D

Rosemary Jan 25th 2012 7:09 am

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary

KazPorter Apr 22nd 2012 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Barbra.Plunkett (Post 9855144)

Hi Barbara

My Husband and myself are looking for estate agents for property in Playa Blanca could you advise any who you have dealt with. We are looking to come over for a holiday in May and visit a few properties. My thoughts are to have a few booked up so can view them properly. Any advice would be appreciated. Pleased to hear you have made the correct choice moving out there. It is a big decision.

Thanks Kaz

Jerseygirl Apr 22nd 2012 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by KazPorter (Post 10020092)
Hi Barbara

My Husband and myself are looking for estate agents for property in Playa Blanca could you advise any who you have dealt with. We are looking to come over for a holiday in May and visit a few properties. My thoughts are to have a few booked up so can view them properly. Any advice would be appreciated. Pleased to hear you have made the correct choice moving out there. It is a big decision.

Thanks Kaz

Hello and welcome to BE. The OP hasn't been back since she opened this thread several months ago. I think you would be best reposting your question in our Spain forum. I'm sure if any of our members live in the area they will do their best to help you. Good luck. :)

Thread closed.

Elle1971 Jan 7th 2013 10:42 am

Just running a search in this forum for something else, and stumbled across this thread.

KazPorter - did you manage to get sorted? We lived in Playa Blanca (firstly in Parque del Rey... and then about 10 minutes walk from the Rubicon Marina) for 6 years... and left in September to live in the hills in Almeria. Did you move? How are you enjoying it?

Your username sounds familiar... so maybe our paths have crossed already elsewhere... but my mind's gone blank at the moment.

Elle xx

Jerseygirl Jan 7th 2013 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Elle1971 (Post 10468706)
Just running a search in this forum for something else, and stumbled across this thread.

KazPorter - did you manage to get sorted? We lived in Playa Blanca (firstly in Parque del Rey... and then about 10 minutes walk from the Rubicon Marina) for 6 years... and left in September to live in the hills in Almeria. Did you move? How are you enjoying it?

Your username sounds familiar... so maybe our paths have crossed already elsewhere... but my mind's gone blank at the moment.

Elle xx

KazPorter hasn't been back to BE for over 6 months...you maybe able to contact her via the email link on her profile page.

Thread closed.